E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Protool vs bimmerlink/code

10-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
turbolovah
Voosh
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sport

Protool vs bimmerlink/code

So I finally picked up my 335i and I'm having a hard time determining which software to use for coding and diagnostics. The mobile app route is definitely preferable to me vs inpa/ista on pc as it is more accessible on the fly especially with the Bluetooth options. My understanding is that the best apps for disgnostics and coding are Bimmergeeks Protool and Bimmercode/link. I've watched videos on both but I'm a little confused as to which system I should subscribe to. Protool seems to be more polished, but it is quite a lot more expensive, is this justified? Are there limitations to either program?
Also is MHD worlds better for data logging? I plan to get it when I'm ready to tune, but right now I'm trying to sort out my misfire under load.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

I have all the products you mention.. Bimmercode has come a long ways but i eventually bought Protool coding ( already had diagnostic) .. I bought it to code VIN to module which i could not find in bimmercode... Bimmercode menu is more user friendly..

As far as data logging Protools got you.. I like MHD data logging better because its more user friendly.. If you are not going to tune than dont worry about MHD..

To sum it up Protool can log whatever MHD can and code whatever Bimmercode can.. But menu suck, you can get use to them though..
If i was past me i would get Protool full licenses and MHD full license because i tune.. I would not bought Bimmercode.

Your miss fire is due to spark plug.. Either wrong temp or wrong gap.

Last edited by Tunafish; 10-20-2020 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Buy ProTool. It's far more powerful than BimmerCode and you'll need a lot of the functions that ProTool offers with a 335i (Injector coding for one)

The data logging in ProTool is good enough so that you don't need to buy the logging license with MHD. I have both and prefer the gauges in ProTool.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #4
turbolovah
Voosh
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sport

Thanks guys, you're great
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #5
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
Buy ProTool. It's far more powerful than BimmerCode and you'll need a lot of the functions that ProTool offers with a 335i (Injector coding for one)

The data logging in ProTool is good enough so that you don't need to buy the logging license with MHD. I have both and prefer the gauges in ProTool.
+1 Protool is far more extensive, buy tune whole package coding and diagnostic.

MHD for tuning, MHD data logging functionality is excellent.
Appreciate 0