E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 328xi - 2D20 error PLZ HELP!!

06-11-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
e92ryan
Rep
Drives: BMW e92

07 328xi - 2D20 error PLZ HELP!!

Hello all, looking for some help with this error that im having issues with.

2D20 - plausibility between signal one and two

This issue only occurs for me when I hit a pretty serious bump and the car gets thrown into limp mode. I then do a throttle adaptation reset to get it out of limp mode so i can drive it. It keeps reappearing considering I live in mass and there are bumps everywhere...

I have replaced the accelerator module(pedal) with a new one and the error still occurs. Along with checking voltages of both through ISTA+ and they show -

Signal 1: ~4V
Signal 2: ~2V

- when at 100% throttle. Each time signal 1 is ~2x signal 2. I assume this is where the issue is at.

I have seen mrbeefy's solution about this. I did tighten the ground on the passenger side strut but nothing has come of it.

The DME is completely up to date as well so I am stumped...

The car also has taken about 2 seconds longer to start up then usual which I believe is connected to the problem since it first occurred the day the 2D20 error was first seen.

I really appreciate any help I can get with issue. Thank you!!!

FOUND THE SOLUTION!! look at #4

Last edited by e92ryan; 07-14-2021 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:18 PM   #2
e92ryan
Rep

bumppp

could this be a faulty dme?
also if anyone has something that explains where all the cars grounds are that would be very helpful. thinking one may be loose
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:21 AM   #3
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

According to ISTA your readings are within specs. You say it happens when hitting bumps, i would be chasing down wiring short. To do this i would start with the pedal position sensor wires. Run a jump wire from pedal to DME one at time to see if issue resolve, if it does you know the issue is with that wire.. You can run the jump outside for quicker diagnostics and then run a permit wire once you find which one it is..

I know lots of hacking but thats what i would do if i was in your postion.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #4
e92ryan
Rep

Quick update, I fixed the issue. I suggest getting a new accelerator module to fix issue. Or tightening the ground on the passenger strut if you have a 2D20 error. My issue ended up being a wiring harness i put near the dme which made it throw the error. Move it out of the black protector box and zip tie it to something else if you have one(mine was a wiring harness[p&p] for custom headlights), or just move it away from the area in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunafishE93 View Post
According to ISTA your readings are within specs. You say it happens when hitting bumps, i would be chasing down wiring short. To do this i would start with the pedal position sensor wires. Run a jump wire from pedal to DME one at time to see if issue resolve, if it does you know the issue is with that wire.. You can run the jump outside for quicker diagnostics and then run a permit wire once you find which one it is..

I know lots of hacking but thats what i would do if i was in your postion.
Thank you for the response/advice Tuna, if all of the solutions i mentioned didn't work I would suggest this as the next step!
Appreciate 0