E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake pedal preload after acceleration

09-21-2022, 02:10 AM   #1
ben m
Rep
Drives: None

Brake pedal preload after acceleration

Hi all. I have a 335i which has what I can only describe as preload on the brake pedal after some faster driving. Instead of having the normal travel, it preloads so that you just touch it and it's as if you apply a lot of force.

This is really frustrating and I've owned numerous other BMW's in the past, including an e87 and e91, and never experienced this "feature".

Does anyone know if it's something which I can code out and if so what the option is? I've tried searching online and looking through DSC codable options with no luck.

Last edited by ben m; 09-21-2022 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #2
Maxmax73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben m View Post
Hi all. I have a 335i which has what I can only describe as preload on the brake pedal after some faster driving. Instead of having the normal travel, it preloads so that you just touch it and it's as if you apply a lot of force.

This is really frustrating and I've owned numerous other BMW's in the past, including an e87 and e91, and never experienced this "feature".

Does anyone know if it's something which I can code out and if so what the option is? I've tried searching online and looking through DSC codable options with no luck.
Sounds exactly like that option that needs to be coded out. Pretty simple to do.
"C0F_FBS – Brake fading compensation (maintains pedal feel by gradually increasing braking pressure"
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 01:36 PM   #3
ben m
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmax73 View Post
Sounds exactly like that option that needs to be coded out. Pretty simple to do.
"C0F_FBS – Brake fading compensation (maintains pedal feel by gradually increasing braking pressure"
Thanks, I will give that a try. That's definitely not the type of description I was looking for so no wonder I didn't find it 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #4
nicholas6706
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben m View Post
Thanks, I will give that a try. That's definitely not the type of description I was looking for so no wonder I didn't find it 😂
Let me know if this works I'm tryna disable the same thing
Appreciate 0