E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E93 Fuel Gauge Not Accurate.

05-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
ElMarino825
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Exclamation E93 Fuel Gauge Not Accurate.

Just bought my e93. I had to replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator right off the bat.

Problem:
When I go to top off my gas tank the gas gauge will go the top, and immediately(1-mile) starts going down to 5/8 tank. This happens every time I refuel. This happens as I pull out of the gas station. The fuel gauge will drift up and down as I drive and won't give me an accurate reading as I use my gas. I replaced the fuel sender unit on the fuel pump (under rear passenger seat) and the problem is still consistent. I drove 2 miles back home from the gas station and my gas gauge reads not full (picture attached).

Does anyone know what the problem may be? If there is an existing thread please send me a link I tried looking and im new to this forum. Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0