E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > I went to the dealership today... 335i pricing?

02-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubenhocker View Post
These threads make me laugh!
Americans seem to think they are ENTITLED to a discount on ANY car they purchase, notwithstanding the fact that the car they want is in VERY HIGH DEMAND, it's as though the MARKET doesn't exist!
I dont know how it is funny that people want to save money...?>?>?American or not we all work for our money, na dit is not going to be wise to throw them away without thinking upfront...I am not a natural american, and used to live in Europe, for about 17 years, and always looked for a good "deal". I think we are all "quote: Entitled to a discount..." on anything, not just cars!

Business is Business here, there and even 1000 years ago...
      02-25-2007, 06:21 AM   #24
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I dont know how it is funny that people want to save money...?>?>?American or not we all work for our money, na dit is not going to be wise to throw them away without thinking upfront...I am not a natural american, and used to live in Europe, for about 17 years, and always looked for a good "deal". I think we are all "quote: Entitled to a discount..." on anything, not just cars!

Business is Business here, there and even 1000 years ago...
What I would say is that it's been said we as Americans are not used to haggling the way the rest of the world is. But it's like the gecko says, if you could save money by getting up out of your chair, would you say no, you'd rather just sit where you are. Hey, it's hard enough to earn money out there so there's nothing wrong with reducing the price by opening up our mouths.

I went to buy shoes at Macy's yesterday, found a pair I liked on sale, and asked for a discount. The salesman said let me talk to my manager, came back, and said she can only take another 15% off. I took it. Why not? By opening up my mouth I got another $23 off--would you reach down to pickup a $20 bill if you saw one on the ground? I'm not ashamed to answer to the affirmative. I was offered 6% on my car loan, asked for a lower rate and they gave me 5.5%.

If there's something wrong with trying to get a lower price and being American, well, I'm proud to be an American.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Americans seem to think they are ENTITLED to a discount on ANY car they purchase, notwithstanding the fact that the car they want is in VERY HIGH DEMAND, it's as though the MARKET doesn't exist!
Just what he said, if ya don't wanna pay to play buy something else..when them fracking hookers say 20 bucks damn what ya guys say..nope 10 bucks or nothing....bet she says NEEEEEEEEXT.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #26
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

^^^^^^^^

The same principle applies to a house, where negotiating for a better price translates to 6 figures. Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
Brett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 323 CiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
The BMWCCA discount is a good tip. But I heard that besides the magazine, and that discount, the club itself is disappointing in some areas, so I didn't join. I just borrow the magazine.
That was just plain silly and wasteful. That discount is practically free money if you know atleast a year in advance that you are planning to purchase a car.

I am getting that discount on my E93 and then next year on my soon-to-be wife's car.

-Brett
      02-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #28
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
That was just plain silly and wasteful. That discount is practically free money if you know atleast a year in advance that you are planning to purchase a car.

I am getting that discount on my E93 and then next year on my soon-to-be wife's car.

-Brett
How is that silly? Did I not say it was a good tip? I didn't do it because I didn't know in Sept. '06 that I would be ordering a 335 in Oct. What I find silly is wasting money on buying cars every year, esp given the E93 depreciation will be well over 10k in year 1.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #29
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Man just pay for what ya want..sheesh if the price is not what you want go buy something else......after a while ya get sick of hearing guys complain, ever thought the reason BMW doesn't offer everything else in the U.S. that the rest of the world gets, is because we try to beg everything down...If the M-kit was 2000 to paint and install..I bet some of you guys would be like nope i'm not paying more than 1250...because I read the total kit cost 1175...enough already sheesh..tell me why a sales guy shoud be happy to make 50 bucks on a car that it took 6 hours off begging you to buy.....and when he says sorry can't do it ya rant, rave, bitch, moan and complain and say the guys an asshole.......and the first thing out your mouth is..lemme talk to the salemanger.......sheesh....damn dude it was just reported that porsche makes 28,000 dollars a car....now that would piss me off....but if I could afford and wanted a porsche guess i'd pay for it..it's reported by left lane news BMW makes 3000 a car.....big difference...I know we all work hard for our money and you deserve the best deal, but sometimes ya gotta say aight I know I aint getting the best deal I can get..but make it something I can live with.....Had a friend who had an offer of 32350 on a 2007 328 with 6 speed an nav..said nope, I'll wait till I get home so I can look around..got home and he was pisssed no one would or could come close....now he's driving a honda accord for 30000...told him should not have been greedy..no one to blame but him
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #30
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

so back on track here, is $1000 over invoice on a PDC car possible? or even a regular delivery? Im in the midwest, but willing to fly and drive back in a 5-10 hours distance..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #31
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosport70 View Post
You need to decide between paying a little more for a local dealer (free loaners, etc) and price.

Since you are doing PDC you can shop around with any dealer. Definitely try Adrian at BMW South Atlanta since he is local to you and is well regarded on this and other forums. But also consider Yves Badji at Passport BMW. I bought from them and it was the best car buying experience I ever had; 15 minutes on the phone and the deal was done. I had sent out other proposals but Passport was so painless I would have gone with them anyway. In the end, they had the best price.

PDC opens your options.

+1

bronco, I remembered having a similar discussion with you some months back. PCD definitely is the way to go. Go with mosport70's suggestion. For Passport, try Yves Badji or Peter Brizan. They are both very cool gentlemen and very supportive of e90post. Just be sure to mention the forum. Aside from some of the best pricing, their service and attentiveness is good

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #32
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool View Post
so back on track here, is $1000 over invoice on a PDC car possible? or even a regular delivery? Im in the midwest, but willing to fly and drive back in a 5-10 hours distance..
Back on track..hmmm:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #33
Bulldog 6
The Logistician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2007 328i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Did you just walk in and pay MSRP? Where are you from that you don't negotiate? I've been to many countries where negotiating is a major part of everyday life.
Appreciate 0