E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Im lost and Confused

02-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
1187sportsman
Rep
Drives: AW Sedan 335i & 2004.5 VW GLI

Im lost and Confused

Well to start off, Im looking and searching and cant find any information pertaining to Franconia the vessel and if it stops in NJ. I order my car like 2 weeks ago. Dealer said it would be here today in NJ off of the Franconia. He said he couldnt have a VIN for me or Production Number until the car was at the lot? Franconia from what ive been reading doesnt stop in NJ? Am i beeing fed BS or is there something im missing?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
DRACMD
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Coupe

If you ordered your car, your CA should have given you a production number. From which you can use to access OC or the 800# and give you information regarding the current status of your car. You might want to verify with him again.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

2 weeks is a short wait time.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
jingai00
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Honestly 1187sportsman, I think your dealer sounds very confused. You should have a production order number right away. My dealer gave me my VIN # as well the day it actually went into production.

In addition, looking at K-Line's schedule, your dealer essentially lied to you about its arrival date.

One thing, though: there could be another boat out there with the same name, but different carrier. Are you certain it's K-Line?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
1187sportsman
Rep
Drives: AW Sedan 335i & 2004.5 VW GLI

my CA told me that the car was already manufactured and on its way here. What i am confused about is that he told me it was on the Franconia arriving at Newark on the 2/26/07 which was yesterday. No website tells me that. I need to VIN number for insurance purposes. He was more happy to take my 2,000 deposit then to sit there and explain exactly what was going on. He also said that Manual Cars had a mandatory 2,000 deposit which was non-refunable. I asked him if it was possible to get the car only under my name since im 20 and i had my mom Co- Sign but she is in Brasil right now and i wont have her arround to sign any papers. he told me it was too late cuz he ran it under my name and hers through the bank and i could only replace her, not take her off. I have no idea what insurance is, just have quotes but you can never rely on that. My mom left unexpectedly for personal reasons. And i have no idea where my friggin car is! This is a bigger head-ache then anticipated!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
jingai00
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Sounds to me like he's jerking you around because you're young and he thinks he has you intimidated. I don't really know what to tell you, though.

When I was looking around for the boat my car was on, I did notice there is at least one other FRANCONIA out there still in use. It's entirely possible your car is being shipped via a different carrier than mine.

I will say this, though: you should call your CA and tell him/her that you will not stand for this. You're simply asking for the VIN. How complicated can that be? You're spending a lot of money on a car.. IMHO he/she should be waiting on you hand-and-foot until the sale is done.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Thiis is very sad... I left only a $1000 deposit for a 6MT that was an ordered car and this dealer takes $2000 for a 6MT that was already produced from his allocation. It does sound like you're getting the run around. If the car is on a ship it has a VIN and he should give it to you. Without a VIN, you don't have a car. If he doesn't give the VIN, take back your deposit, regardless whether he said it is non refundable. What SOB dealer was this anyway?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
BMW335i-FX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Black/Black

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I think you need to find other dealer or at least other sale person, so he can explain better.

Also in US, dealer can NOT take NO-refundable deposit by the LAW!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
DRACMD
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Coupe

Your CA may either be new or do not know what he is doing hence the run around, but if you said that you ordered your car, your name should be on their allocation sheet and assigned to it is a Production number. Without this number, you won't be assigned a VIN and will not be able to have a car made to your specification. I suggest that you go back to your dealer and get things straight with your CA or another more competent person that can help you.

With regards to not being able to take your mom's name off, I think this is for financing/leasing purposes. You either have to have enough income/credit available for yourself to be the sole owner or you have to have someone else co-sign with you if you do not meet the requirements, regardless, that person must be with you when you pick up your car because signatures are needed for contracts and other documents.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
pander5
Special Forces - Discretion is superior
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Sapphire Black

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I also ordered 6MT and was not required to leave that much of a deposit. In my case the CA was willing to accept as little as $500. And I made sure it was refundable. The dealer simply doesn't want to get stuck with ordered vehicles that may have funky colors or options that they think they'll have a hard time moving if the original party bails.

I would demand the information you want and if he/she is not willing to provide it talk to the sales manager. I think you're being fed BS and let them know you won't stand for it.