E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Northwest (Seattle Area)

02-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
magillagorilla
Private
Rep
Drives: S4

BMW Northwest (Seattle Area)

Just wanted to give some props where they are due after my recent tour of the Seattle area dealerships while trying to find a solid deal on a 335i coupe.

I shopped several of the local dealers (Seattle, Bellevue, BMWNW in Fife, and even Yakima).

While Yakima had given me the best deal by far the last time around, it wasn't the case this time. The experience (albeit it all via email) also seemed to have a bit of that shell game feel to it. Seattle had the highest opening bid and was next to drop out of the bidding (they would not match the remaining contenders on price), leaving Bellevue and BMWNW. Both presented what I considered fair deals.

At the end of the day, despite the fact that Fife is a bit of a hike for me from Seattle, I went with BMWNW. My CA (Rick Sato) was great to deal with, responsive, fair, and, most importantly, willing to go the extra mile to get the deal done. They never gave me that "I'm dealing with salesmen" vibe (Bellevue did a bit).

I highly recommend you give Rick a shot if the you are in the market. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Really.. I guess it really does matter who you get, the CA I got at BMWNW was an idiot, didn't even seem like he wanted to sell me a car. The CA I got at BMW Bellevue, tried to sell me a demo car as 'new', unbelievable, oh and don't think I didn't tell him specifically I wanted a NEW car. Then, thats not even the worst part.. when we were trying to work out a deal, he went ahead and started to get an attitude and acting like a smart ass.. after that, I just walked out. BMW Seattle, was by far the best dealership experience I've had.. My CA was Mark, he was very understanding of my specifications and tried to answer all my questions the best he could, he even grabbed the master tech out of the garage to help clarify my question. when we sat down to talk about the pricing, I could not believe how easy it was, he gave me an almost 4k discount and included floor mats, keychains, and a coffee mug without me even having to ask. I gotta tell ya, hes a stand up guy and he knows how to handle business, while still being 'human'.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
magillagorilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Really.. I guess it really does matter who you get, the CA I got at BMWNW was an idiot, didn't even seem like he wanted to sell me a car. The CA I got at BMW Bellevue, tried to sell me a demo car as 'new', unbelievable, oh and don't think I didn't tell him specifically I wanted a NEW car. Then, thats not even the worst part.. when we were trying to work out a deal, he went ahead and started to get an attitude and acting like a smart ass.. after that, I just walked out. BMW Seattle, was by far the best dealership experience I've had.. My CA was Mark, he was very understanding of my specifications and tried to answer all my questions the best he could, he even grabbed the master tech out of the garage to help clarify my question. when we sat down to talk about the pricing, I could not believe how easy it was, he gave me an almost 4k discount and included floor mats, keychains, and a coffee mug without me even having to ask. I gotta tell ya, hes a stand up guy and he knows how to handle business, while still being 'human'.
Mark is a great guy (as is Rick--very similar personality) and I have nothing but positive things to say about him. My only issue with Seattle was the fact that they just were not willing to play ball on price to the same degree as other dealers. They had the highest opening bid, moved down more slowly than everyone else, and were unwilling to meet the price that I negotiated elsewhere.

Last edited by magillagorilla; 02-21-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
andytaro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Graphite 2008 335i Sedan

+1 for Mark Harrington @ BMW of Seattle.
I am working with him for my 335xi ED order right now, and he is far best dealing with in terms of price and honesty.(a bit slow on email response). Don't even think about going to Bellevue. My CA was arrogant and rude. He sounded like he was doing me a big favor. I've tried to contact Matt @ Bellevue and even sales manager who sent me an email before, but no response.... oh well. I am very happy dealing with Mark now!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
magillagorilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytaro View Post
+1 for Mark Harrington @ BMW of Seattle.
I am working with him for my 335xi ED order right now, and he is far best dealing with in terms of price and honesty.(a bit slow on email response). Don't even think about going to Bellevue. My CA was arrogant and rude. He sounded like he was doing me a big favor. I've tried to contact Matt @ Bellevue and even sales manager who sent me an email before, but no response.... oh well. I am very happy dealing with Mark now!
Don't forget to give Rick a shot!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

I bought my car from Rick at BMW Northwest in February. I had about 4 individual 2 hour visists to the dealership, along with many phone calls with him to figure out what car i wanted and he was patient and straight forward at the same time.

I recommended Magilla to him and i am glad that he recieved the same experience.

Just yesterday i brought another friend to him and Rick helped him with a Space Grey '08 Convertible and gave him a great deal. He was able to match the most competitive prices that people are recieving around the country for the e93, as well as beat the 4.5 financing that my friend could have gone with at B.E.C.U. (they gave him 3.9).

If you are in the market i highly recommend you give Rick a shot. Feel free to drop my name (Jeff) and Rick will give you the best deal he can up front. PM me if you have any questions or need help!
      05-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
I bought my car from Rick at BMW Northwest in February. I had about 4 individual 2 hour visists to the dealership, along with many phone calls with him to figure out what car i wanted and he was patient and straight forward at the same time.

I recommended Magilla to him and i am glad that he recieved the same experience.

Just yesterday i brought another friend to him and Rick helped him with a Space Grey '08 Convertible and gave him a great deal. He was able to match the most competitive prices that people are recieving around the country for the e93, as well as beat the 4.5 financing that my friend could have gone with at B.E.C.U. (they gave him 3.9).

If you are in the market i highly recommend you give Rick a shot. Feel free to drop my name (Jeff) and Rick will give you the best deal he can up front. PM me if you have any questions or need help!
Hey Jeff...I think I already told you this, but in case I didn't....if you need to take your car in for any type of service.....go through John Noyes (SA). He is the best. His last name is pronounced "noise".

this goes for anyone looking for a good SA at BMWNW. He's also great for any type of questions you might have....and I mean "mod" questions.
      05-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
ericsmc83
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i MT

Thanks for the tip!
2008 E92 MT | VTT Stage 2+ 20T | VTT Inlets | JB4 MHD E85 | Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP w/FPR and Return | BMS PI | AR DP | AE Quad Exhaust | Helix FMIC | ER CP | Tial BOV | DCI | AR OCC | Spec Stage 3+ | SMFW
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Ahh good to know Mike When i was helping my friend out the other day at the dealership there was a guy that was trading in his 08 space grey coupe with 500 miles on it for an m3... talk about taking a big hit

Also, incase you are thinking about doing something similar they just got in a BEAUTIFUL black e93 m3. AMAZING.
      05-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #10
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
Ahh good to know Mike When i was helping my friend out the other day at the dealership there was a guy that was trading in his 08 space grey coupe with 500 miles on it for an m3... talk about taking a big hit

Also, incase you are thinking about doing something similar they just got in a BEAUTIFUL black e93 m3. AMAZING.
I didn't see that one last Thursday when I was there....they must have JUST got it in.

I drove the titanium silver e90 m3 that same Thursday....holy shit was it sweet! I was with Bruce (my ca) and he kept getting on me about not running it up to redline before shifting (manual tranny), so I said cool, and started nailing it. It's a freaking beast! I still haven't fully decided if I'm going to trade my 335 in or not...my allocation slot for the m3 hasn't come up yet....since I want dct AND 19" wheels. Tough decision....now that I've got my procede up and running.

Sorry for the thread jack!!