E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Lighting upgrades: G5-BRT/Osram CBB headlight and NHK Gen V fog light retrofit

04-15-2024, 11:28 AM   #23
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

I have LCI xenons on my 330 with the adaptive function disabled, with plans to upgrade the projectors to G5s. I already bought the brackets from the forum member here, just need to order the plastic lenses and projectors.

I considered upgrading the inner cornering lights to a dedicated high beam LED, but my concern is aiming it properly. I'm not familiar with the beam pattern of any of the dedicated LED high beams and I'd hate to be stuck with some bright spots aimed incorrectly. There's no way to adjust the aim of those inner lights. My setup only uses those inner lights for flash-to-pass (pulling the stalk) so I may just keep that but use a LED bulb inside the halogen housing for the cornering lights.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:17 AM   #24
nthnthnthnth
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
I considered upgrading the inner cornering lights to a dedicated high beam LED, but my concern is aiming it properly. I'm not familiar with the beam pattern of any of the dedicated LED high beams and I'd hate to be stuck with some bright spots aimed incorrectly. There's no way to adjust the aim of those inner lights.
There’s no way to adjust them, they’d be a tight fit if they fit at all, and the output isn’t all that great. Lightwerkz and TRS have videos on YouTube that show the output for the Morimoto and the Profile.

Someone else put LED fog lights in the cornering lights; they also look like a tight fit but could be aimed upwards when installed to function as high beams. https://www.hidplanet.com/forum/show...ite-demon-eyes.

If you’re just looking for cosmetic improvement, you could replace the fresnel lens with a lens from a projector. Or for actual high beam performance, put bi-LED projectors in the fog lights and tap the existing high beam wire to them.
Appreciate 1
lowrydr3101686.00