E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Non idrive

10-09-2015, 03:23 AM   #1
Jak90
Rep
Drives: Graphite Grey E93

Non idrive

Hi guys just lookin to get cic retrofit but it is heavy on cost or a dynavin N6 as a substitute ? Looked into both seem appealing just wanna know has any1 on here have the N6 or had retrofit done just for some info on both, also pics or the dash, as I like the 2nd hood on the dash but the dynavin still sited well...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
S4DNX
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i MSport

Looking at just over £1000 for all teh complete bits needed for iDrive

See post bellow whats needed/involved:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...etrofit+idrive
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
Jak90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4DNX View Post
Looking at just over £1000 for all teh complete bits needed for iDrive

See post bellow whats needed/involved:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...etrofit+idrive
Oh yhr I know that but want to know if that dynavin is just as good or not
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Dynavin? No, just no.

OEM retrofit all the way. CIC retrofit is pretty much obsolete now for e90. Most choose NBT retrofit which runs beautiful. There are guides online of how to do it and a complete list of parts.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 06:06 AM   #5
S4DNX
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak90 View Post
Oh yhr I know that but want to know if that dynavin is just as good or not
As said its not OEM so would always not feel right.

I had the Alpine INE-W920R in my Megane, worked alright most of the time.
The Dynavin is a aftermarket double din option which slots in perfect without any modifications
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Jak90
Rep

Yhr thanks guys not gnna lie u can't beat oem, just it want a turnaround as soon as but funds not there, need to put away month by month I guess
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

mate its a big outlay just for satnav and a few other features... is it really worthwhile spending 1k on something that wont really add a lot of value to your car? I got CCC and toyed with the idea of CIC but I thought for the amount it costs id rather a jb4 and some downpipes...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
jayooo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M Sport

I would argue that the CIC would add quite a bit of value to the car, depending on the year it may even add the 1k value to the car?

When I was looking for mine, no idrive cars were easily 1k cheaper if not more for similar spec/age/mileage.

If it were me and you are dead set on a sat nav retrofit, I would chose OEM 100% of the time.

Dont forget, if you do go the OEM route, you can always revert the car to standard again when you sell it, and sell the idrive bits separately for similar money to what you paid for them, granted its a bit of a faff, but its more of an investment than money down the drain.

For example, I own a Golf MK5 too, and paid £250 for an MFD2 sat nav unit about 5 years ago off eBay, they are still fetching that money now 5 years later, so if I were to sell it I wouldn't lose a penny other than my time taking it back off the car. Food for thought...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #9
Jak90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imy View Post
mate its a big outlay just for satnav and a few other features... is it really worthwhile spending 1k on something that wont really add a lot of value to your car? I got CCC and toyed with the idea of CIC but I thought for the amount it costs id rather a jb4 and some downpipes...
Yhr u also did consider is it worth it, but there ain't much I can do to a 320i e93 lol other than looks lol, I was consider changin car but I can keep this, until the m4 vert is bit more affordable 20-30k
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
Jak90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayooo View Post
I would argue that the CIC would add quite a bit of value to the car, depending on the year it may even add the 1k value to the car?

When I was looking for mine, no idrive cars were easily 1k cheaper if not more for similar spec/age/mileage.

If it were me and you are dead set on a sat nav retrofit, I would chose OEM 100% of the time.

Dont forget, if you do go the OEM route, you can always revert the car to standard again when you sell it, and sell the idrive bits separately for similar money to what you paid for them, granted its a bit of a faff, but its more of an investment than money down the drain.

For example, I own a Golf MK5 too, and paid £250 for an MFD2 sat nav unit about 5 years ago off eBay, they are still fetching that money now 5 years later, so if I were to sell it I wouldn't lose a penny other than my time taking it back off the car. Food for thought...
Yhr ur right pal I mean it's Sumfin I want as well, just interior looks basic without it to me, and as I said before not like I can do much other than looks on e93 320i lol
Appreciate 0