E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > The Dreaded CCC

05-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
gazguem43
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 330i SE

The Dreaded CCC

Hi all, new to this forum so would appreciate any advice from experienced members who have encountered CCC problems.

2005 E90 330i SE...I've had this particular problem for about 1 year now and whilst it has never bothered or affected the performance of the car, its about time I got it fixed.

Hands free phone and CD multi-changer not working, and radio cutting in and out, all decided to play up at the same time. The display tells me to contact BMW as no phone is installed, and it doesn't recognize the multi-changer. The I-drive control just free wheels as and when it feels like it. Whilst the problem with the phone and multi-changer are permanent, the radio does play about 60% of the time and I can actually use the I-drive. Are they all linked?

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

gazguem43
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazguem43
Hi all, new to this forum so would appreciate any advice from experienced members who have encountered CCC problems.

2005 E90 330i SE...I've had this particular problem for about 1 year now and whilst it has never bothered or affected the performance of the car, its about time I got it fixed.

Hands free phone and CD multi-changer not working, and radio cutting in and out, all decided to play up at the same time. The display tells me to contact BMW as no phone is installed, and it doesn't recognize the multi-changer. The I-drive control just free wheels as and when it feels like it. Whilst the problem with the phone and multi-changer are permanent, the radio does play about 60% of the time and I can actually use the I-drive. Are they all linked?

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

gazguem43
I would look into upgrading to the CIC to be honest
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #3
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Sounds like either a failing CCC or MOST bus fault somewhere. I agree that upgrading to CIC will be worthwhile rather than replacing the CCC.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
gazguem43
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 330i SE

I've since been in touch with a company called Revtronics up in Bradford, UK. Describing the symptoms to him over the phone, he seems to think this is not an issue with the I-drive or TCU but is more than likely an issue with the ECU. Will be visiting him in a weeks time and will post back with the results.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:55 AM   #5
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

ECU for what? ECU typically refers to the engine management system aka the DME in BMW-speak. The DME has nothing to do with infotainment.

The iDrive unit is the "ECU" or "brains" of all the infotainment functions.
Appreciate 0