E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > CCC To CIC Retrofit

08-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #45
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTBRV8 View Post
The dealer won't be able to replace modules as when they program a car, they don't get the option but to only fully update the car to the current software integration. So by asking "don't code the CIC" they won;t be able to do it. It is all or nothing.

When the dealer's computer finds a module in the chain that it isn't expecting based on what the software should be expecting, it will fail.

By coding an individual module to a car with aftermarket software you are getting it to work in the car, but not getting all the modules in unison with their software version.

So back to my original point, if you need to replace a module such as a bluetooth module, which commonly fail, a dealer won't be able to code it to your car with their system if you have a CIC in your CCC car. You will need to take your car to an independent to code the bluetooth module only.
so basically, if there is anything wrong with my car, even the ECU or something like a bricked DME that I saw online, we can always fix it by ourselves by software like INPA and do not necessarily need to fix by dealer?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 06:52 PM   #46
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
so basically, if there is anything wrong with my car, even the ECU or something like a bricked DME that I saw online, we can always fix it by ourselves by software like INPA and do not necessarily need to fix by dealer?
Yes, but you won't know what software version it has, or should have. Just whatever is on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #47
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTBRV8 View Post
Yes, but you won't know what software version it has, or should have. Just whatever is on it.
oh...really want to do the CIC conversion to make the interior more modern...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #48
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Yes you really don't have any choice now with CCC maps no longer available past 2014
It's not a difficult retrofit without combox, but you can have a modern screen look and DVD in motion in wide screen and also hi-fi sounds better too.
      08-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #49
CYL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Yes you really don't have any choice now with CCC maps no longer available past 2014
It's not a difficult retrofit without combox, but you can have a modern screen look and DVD in motion in wide screen and also hi-fi sounds better too.
I don't really use navi but usually open it to have something showing on the screen only.

Really want the more modern iDrive controller, higher definition screen and more responsive system (CIC).
Not really listen to music but not bad if the sound would be better though.
Appreciate 0