E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Possible N54 Fuel Pump Upgrade

11-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #221
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

I have no idea where the pump pressure channels are either.

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #222
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Yes, but I didn't log the debug for the pump because I'm not really sure which channel it's on. Not sure how the secondary pump will effect the output compared to just the stock pump. I'll txt Shiv and once I find out Ill go pull some logs.
On the high fuel pressure, BMS outputs a straight sensor voltage. I think I've seen the same thing in PROcede logs. For example the JB4 normally targets around 4v with an open loop setting of 70%. The low fuel pressure they convert to psi but used a non-decimal point formula so it's slightly scaled down. A value of 68 is the normal 72psi. So maybe hunt around for similar looking variables.

On the dyno how were your numbers? Did you run E85 only and then E85 + meth? That would be interesting to see.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #223
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
On the high fuel pressure, BMS outputs a straight sensor voltage. I think I've seen the same thing in PROcede logs. For example the JB4 normally targets around 4v with an open loop setting of 70%. The low fuel pressure they convert to psi but used a non-decimal point formula so it's slightly scaled down. A value of 68 is the normal 72psi. So maybe hunt around for similar looking variables.

On the dyno how were your numbers? Did you run E85 only and then E85 + meth? That would be interesting to see.

Mike
I'll look, but I think the booster pump is wired with the stock pump, so I'm not sure what the output will look like.

440 whp and 503 wtq... Made about the same numbers without meth, but the number tail off quicker up top without meth. Talked with Chris and he said his dyno is also a hart breaker... Hard to compare dyno numbers from different dyno's because they all read differently. Had to pack the trunk full weights because I was getting wheel spin at 4000 rpm. I've pull on this dyno a few times in the past and my base has always been consistent around 270 whp and 290 wtq. Up a bit from stock with the DCI and DPs. The only difference from my pulls at FFTEC was the % of Ethanol. Portland has dropped to 60% and I was running almost 80% at FFTEC. I'm also running catback stock exhaust. I'm happy with the numbers. I guess the next step is turbos. Talked with Marv85 and he said he's going to COBB here in Portland sometime in the next couple of weeks to dyno. I might join him for a quick session to see what I get on their Mustang. With the weather change, not much else to do around here for the next six months. Rains just about every day.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #224
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
I'll look, but I think the booster pump is wired with the stock pump, so I'm not sure what the output will look like.

440 whp and 503 wtq... Made about the same numbers without meth, but the number tail off quicker up top without meth. Talked with Chris and he said his dyno is also a hart breaker... Hard to compare dyno numbers from different dyno's because they all read differently. Had to pack the trunk full weights because I was getting wheel spin at 4000 rpm. I've pull on this dyno a few times in the past and my base has always been consistent around 270 whp and 290 wtq. Up a bit from stock with the DCI and DPs. The only difference from my pulls at FFTEC was the % of Ethanol. Portland has dropped to 60% and I was running almost 80% at FFTEC. I'm also running catback stock exhaust. I'm happy with the numbers. I guess the next step is turbos. Talked with Marv85 and he said he's going to COBB here in Portland sometime in the next couple of weeks to dyno. I might join him for a quick session to see what I get on their Mustang. With the weather change, not much else to do around here for the next six months. Rains just about every day.
NICE!!!!

I have similar mods sans the intercooler. I am looking forward to my Dyno, once my halfshaft is replaced!
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #225
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:

Solid numbers!

On the low fuel pressure, the sensor is in the engine bay, so that will tell you whether or not you are holding full low fuel pressure. Which I'm sure you are as the Walbro has no problems holding it at least at 520rw. Monitoring high pressure off meth would be more interesting and that is a sensor the PROcede intercepts and alters so I'm sure it's there in your logs.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #226
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

Any Update? Official Parts List?