E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > E92 335i Coupe 6-speed Black/Saddle $35,800

02-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
wut a great price with all those extra options. good deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #46
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

What is the vin number?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #47
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5/M3/X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
What is the vin number?

WBAWB73537PV80587
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #48
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep

I hate to be the one to break the news because I really wanted this car.I just dont want anyone to get stuck with a lemon.The car kept on going to the dealer for vanos related problems,it has had it vanos,cams,solinoids bearings, and lifters replaced and it looks like it is a 335 that has the dreded vanos problems that I mentioned in my first post.Buyer beware.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #49
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
I hate to be the one to break the news because I really wanted this car.I just dont want anyone to get stuck with a lemon.The car kept on going to the dealer for vanos related problems,it has had it vanos,cams,solinoids bearings, and lifters replaced and it looks like it is a 335 that has the dreded vanos problems that I mentioned in my first post.Buyer beware.
But isn't that stuff all fixable? I mean, once it's fixed it won't happen again? It sorta looks like the guy had the "ticking" noise that some of us get and they were replacing everything to get it to stop.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #50
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
But isn't that stuff all fixable? I mean, once it's fixed it won't happen again? It sorta looks like the guy had the "ticking" noise that some of us get and they were replacing everything to get it to stop.
no ticking noise,this car went to the dealership on a daily basis,just like I said if its too good to be true it is.They might have fixed it and it could be fine now,I just wanted a potential buyer to know.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #51
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
no ticking noise,this car went to the dealership on a daily basis,just like I said if its too good to be true it is.They might have fixed it and it could be fine now,I just wanted a potential buyer to know.
It was only at BMW 3 times. The car runs perfect now. I have been daily driving it for the past 2 weeks. It has not had a problem at all. Thanks for your expert opinion though.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #52
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy2speed View Post
It was only at BMW 3 times. The car runs perfect now. I have been daily driving it for the past 2 weeks. It has not had a problem at all. Thanks for your expert opinion though.
This is not my expert opinion,it came right out of BMW's computer,have a BMW tech run the vin like I did and you will see for your self.

I never said its not a bad deal,just wanted to let someone know the details on the lemon buyback.It clearly was not a fuel pump problem like you said.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #53
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is not my expert opinion,it came right out of BMW's computer,have a BMW tech run the vin like I did and you will see for your self.

I never said its not a bad deal,just wanted to let someone know the details on the lemon buyback.It clearly was not a fuel pump problem like you said.
I have the details like you have. It is illegal to run the VIN on my car because my info comes up including my address. What BMW dealership did that for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #54
ProV1
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:

thanks for the headsup, we all benefitted from your research. too bad about the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #55
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

Quote:
I have the details like you have. It is illegal to run the VIN on my car because my info comes up including my address. What BMW dealership did that for you.
there are multiple independent shops who also have access to service records by VIN. whatever dealership did this doesn't matter. it is the right of the potential buyers to check VIN numbers with dealerships to determine service history.

Would you buy a car with an unknown history?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #56
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
really you have the same details?Then why did you try telling us the car had the fuel pump problem and never mentioned anything about the cams,vanos,lifters, ect... being replaced?

I was very interested in this car and ran the vin...The car might be fixed now but the potential buyer should know the reason of the buyback and you not mentioning it when you knew makes it even more of a shady deal.

You gave me the vin and I had it scanned,whats illegal about that?I dont have any info about the owner of the car,just the cars history.

How do you know how many times the car went to the dealer?Are you the original buyer?You said in on page 2 that it only went twice and then say it went in 3 times.I have a few buds at a dealer and they will go the whole 9 yards to not lemon a car back,I have heard of them taking fuel pumps out of non sold cars on the lot to give to the customers and going as far as making 3 payements for the customer before buying the car back.

Good luck with your sale I am done here,just wanted the next potential buyer to know the cars history and maybe save him a headache down the road when the car has no warenty.

Last edited by grkm3; 02-21-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #57
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

grkm3 - you did nothing wrong. Thanks for your heads up.

Probably a seller who has a problem car, and wants to unload it for a proper running car. Wouldn't be surprised if he posted previously about all the problems, with the result being "just sell the car and get a new one"
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #58
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

If a BMW dealer sells a new car, are they required to disclose the fact that it was a buyback? Can a dealership sell a buyback as new? Just wondering if my car was a buyback... I bought it "new" from a dealership but had 500 miles on the odometer. Sales guy just told me the car was bought from another dealer and driven 500 miles to his dealership...?
      02-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #59
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
grkm3 - you did nothing wrong. Thanks for your heads up.

Probably a seller who has a problem car, and wants to unload it for a proper running car. Wouldn't be surprised if he posted previously about all the problems, with the result being "just sell the car and get a new one"
Haha... you crack me up.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #60
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
All you see on here is lease takeovers because people try to lease more car than they can afford, and then realize they can't afford it.
Yes, it seems alot of people on this list lease their cars. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
You see alot of "kids" in these cars. Without help form their parents and savings, they have to go this route.
Gary
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #61
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

If the warranty is intact why does it matter if there is anything wrong with it other than the hassle of brining it in to be fixed. I mean this is at least 5 grand less than it should be, and for 5 grand in savings I'd be willing to take it back to be fixed several times. Too bad I already own one or I'd be tempted to make an offer - oh except for the saddle brown interior is nasty IMO.

KBB shows for the same car

Excellent
$40,275

Good
$38,085

Fair
$35,060
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #62
TomBMW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F82 M4 ///DCT

Wait, it's a lemon and it still costs 36k? Non lemon w/ 19k miles should be in the $37-38k range so wouldn't it be at least 10k less than a non-lemon? It'll be a good deal if it were $27-$28k.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #63
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
You guys are silly, this car retains the factory warranty meaning whether it was in a flood or wrecked, who the hell cares, it's under warranty and BMW will cover it.

Most people sell their cars after the warranty has expired anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #64
easy2speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBMW View Post
Wait, it's a lemon and it still costs 36k? Non lemon w/ 19k miles should be in the $37-38k range so wouldn't it be at least 10k less than a non-lemon? It'll be a good deal if it were $27-$28k.
You find a truck load of buyback cars for $27-28K, sell them to me for $30K and I will sell them for $35K all day long.

I have sold several buyback 335i's, they are great bargains. Many of the people on here could have had their car bought back if they wanted to complain enough. I bought one with 300 miles that was a buyback for a fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #65
TomBMW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW F82 M4 ///DCT

I was wondering this same thing, so maybe you're right. I see this dealership out of Jax, FL that sells lemon CLS55s and S classes for only 2-3k less than a non-lemon. It just baffeles me when they turn over inventory. Personally, I'd be scared to spend over 30k for a lemon, warranty or not because the lemon law only applies once on a car.

Quote:
You find a truck load of buyback cars for $27-28K, sell them to me for $30K and I will sell them for $35K all day long.

I have sold several buyback 335i's, they are great bargains. Many of the people on here could have had their car bought back if they wanted to complain enough. I bought one with 300 miles that was a buyback for a fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #66
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvieira24 View Post
You guys are silly, this car retains the factory warranty meaning whether it was in a flood or wrecked, who the hell cares, it's under warranty and BMW will cover it.

Most people sell their cars after the warranty has expired anyway.
Well if you have done any research on the damege to the bearings and vanos unit on the 335s you will see that these cars are scarred and will have problems down the road,with no warenty.

How would you like it if you bought this car and at 55k blew a bearing and messed up its vanos timing (while its was tuned)and blew a rod out the block?

I bet if you knew this car had head problems you never would of bought it in the first place.That is all I wanted to say,that the car was lemoned for the engine being F'ed up.

If you plan on buying this car and selling it next year then its a great deal but if you plan on keeping it for the long run then I don't know how you would sleep at night knowing your engine is a lemon.

This car prolly sold for 26k at auction.
Appreciate 0