E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > The New Bmw Rebate Is A Farce

12-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #23
BMW1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

I believe in the world of business, one who has a service or a good to sell can ultimately choose to work any deal they want to.....as long as they don't break the law. Dealers can work any deal they want to if they wish to.....it is a car --- you can find another.....dealer is hoping/banking you are emotionally attached to your custom ordered car and is trying to maximize its position. You are in the position of power until you sign.
2016 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #24
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

Residual for this month blows. almost a wash for a lease, well not that meek but
could be better.
what was ur residual and MF quotes/ negotiations?

BTW, It does make sense to market $1500 cash back for the holidays.
BMW working hard to attract customers during the season.
good luck, i'm sure u'll get a great lease soon.
      12-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
emcmtony
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i XDrive

You dont have a clue what you are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Assuming you're talking about the holiday credit you got screwed. It has nothing to do with the residual but that doesn't stop a dealer from TELLING you it does. The holiday credit is just that, a credit from BMWFS to you, that's it. There is no "both ways" required, there's nothing in there about changing the residual, MF, origination fee, doc fees, nothing. Certainly, you may loosen up your negotiating a bit by letting them raise the MF a bit, or add $100 to the origination fee because you know you've got the credit but there's nothing that requires this at all.
I have to say that there are a bunch of armchair quarterbacks in here that have no idea what they are talking about...I am no idiot, I live in the philadelphia area with scores of bmw dealers and I ran this past several with the same response. BMW does not just give money away for the hell of it, neither does any other manufacturer, they are getting you in the door and if you are that naive, you probably get screwed every day. I got a 328i Xdrive with premium, upgrade wheels and tires, cold weather pkg for 440 a month for 3 years...who got screwed..and oh..no money down....
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #26
BMWAutoXer
No Cones
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 330 xDrive

Understand the business before you make rash decisions and listen to people on the internet, BMW dealers don't get to pick their residuals. If the residual dropped but they released 1500 holiday cash you're just damn lucky you're not paying out of pocket for the residual drop. Residuals are dictated by ALG and the insurance companies that cover BMWFS. They aren't negotiable, aren't the fault of the manufacturer, bank or dealership. Considering 3 major players in the captive lending industry went bankrupt in 2008 trying to fudge residual values on leases you won't find it happening anymore. These are all risks that have to take as consumers when we custom order a car. Just try to understand how the banking industry works before you lambast a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #27
BMWAutoXer
No Cones
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 330 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey T. Gluck View Post
Thats not true here, because the Dealer is telling me that the Lease rate is the same today for me as it was Nov 1 because the residual changed which offsets the $1500.00 Rebate..So they give you the rebate in there calculaions, but you can only get credit for it at the...end of Lease assuming you Buy the car.....
If I were to Buy it NOW I would also get the rebate, but only by getting BMW'S Financials okay since I entered into the Deal one day before the announcement......Harvey
The lease rate is not the same as the residual, that's the interest rate charged to rent the vehicle. The residual value dropped, and that's based on the day you actually take possession of the car. Ultimately you're not getting the $1500 on the lease because it's compensating for the additional cap cost from the residual drop. If you buy the car, they are being a good dealership and honoring the additional $1500 off the initial selling price you negotiated as a purchase option.
Appreciate 0