E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Slotting strut towers for extra camber...thoughts?

08-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #23
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

If you already knew all this then why are you on here asking? Until you have an actual idea of what it is you're actually trying to accomplish, just randomly posing the question is rather useless.

What is your overall goal here? How much material are you willing to remove? What is your current setup? Etc.

Yes, the Dinan plates "only" add ~-0.75* of camber (that's what they added on my setup, at least); but it's consistent, reversible, and nets more negative camber overall. Small price to pay for a proven solution.
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1297.50
      08-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #24
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
If you already knew all this then why are you on here asking? Until you have an actual idea of what it is you're actually trying to accomplish, just randomly posing the question is rather useless.

What is your overall goal here? How much material are you willing to remove? What is your current setup? Etc.

Yes, the Dinan plates "only" add ~-0.75* of camber (that's what they added on my setup, at least); but it's consistent, reversible, and nets more negative camber overall. Small price to pay for a proven solution.

See post #11.
      08-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #25
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:

Why am I asking? To learn from those who "KNOW". You clearly aren't one of those, so the useless portion of this thread is you replying when you have no first hand knowledge on the topic.

What am I trying to accomplish? What is my overall goal? If that isn't clear, there's nothing more I can say to help you understand.

How much material am I willing to cut? As much as it takes to gain that .7 that you wasted your money on.

My current setup? Irrelevant, I'm not telling.

To finish this off, how is this not reversible, consistent or gain less than your precious Dinan plates?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #26
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Only Ground Control currently makes camber plates compatible with OEM springs and unfortunately they are not very good.
Doesn't Vorshlag sell their plates with the option for stock spring perches?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #27
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4dr View Post
Doesn't Vorshlag sell their plates with the option for stock spring perches?
I believe they are discontinued. Superior to Ground Control. If available they should be considered.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #28
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

They do.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #29
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

$10 says OP never does this mod anyway, even after getting "the right answer"
Appreciate 1
Jklad421.00
      08-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #30
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Why am I asking? To learn from those who "KNOW". You clearly aren't one of those, so the useless portion of this thread is you replying when you have no first hand knowledge on the topic.

What am I trying to accomplish? What is my overall goal? If that isn't clear, there's nothing more I can say to help you understand.

How much material am I willing to cut? As much as it takes to gain that .7 that you wasted your money on.

To finish this off, how is this not reversible, consistent or gain less than your precious Dinan plates?
Come on man. Grow up.

“I’m not telling”

You’re a joke

It’s not reversible bc you are removing metal from the car. I guess you could sand, weld and re-paint but do whatever you want and just go away.
Appreciate 2
Jklad421.00
9krpmrx8808.00
      08-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #31
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
$10 says OP never does this mod anyway, even after getting "the right answer"
Just don’t forget that he’s right and he came here to make sure we knew it!

Thank goodness he came by - we were doing it wrong this whole time.
Appreciate 1
Jklad421.00
      08-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #32
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Quote:

You posted a question in your original topic asking people "what are your thoughts?" Without any further details. Then, your original post is just a link to a video. You asked what people think and some are gonna tell you it's stupid. It's immature to react the way you do when you don't agree with people's thoughts (which you did ask for).