E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E90 Rear M Trailing Arm Bushings: A worthwhile upgrade?

10-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
tahoerdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

E90 Rear M Trailing Arm Bushings: A worthwhile upgrade?

I'm looking for some input from anyone who have upgraded the other bushings and ball joints located on the rear subframe and carriers:

ECS Tuning is selling an M bushing kit that includes replacements for the trailing arms and camber link bushings. Has anyone replaced/upgraded these bushings? I've dropped my subframe to do a swap of the subframe and diff bushings, but have been stopped in my tracks with these trailing arm bushings (OEM P/N 33326763092). My home-brewed bushing puller with 3/8" threaded rod worked great to pull the diff bushings but would not budge these trailing arm bushings...it snapped under the tension!

This $100 bushing compressor looks like it accomplishes the needed bushing compression that is required, per bentley manual.
Ebay - E90 Bushing Strengthen Bush Installer Tool There is also a hydraulic bushing tool on ebay for $600 but I certainly am not going to pay for that!

My application: My 335xi is my DD, I'll keep it at least another 5yrs and I plan on ~10 track days/yr. 85,000mi. TCKR S/A kit being installed during this swap as well at 400/600 spring rates.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
E93FTW
BMW Über Alles
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert'

Garage List
2010 E93  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoerdr View Post
I'm looking for some input from anyone who have upgraded the other bushings and ball joints located on the rear subframe and carriers:

ECS Tuning is selling an M bushing kit that includes replacements for the trailing arms and camber link bushings. Has anyone replaced/upgraded these bushings? I've dropped my subframe to do a swap of the subframe and diff bushings, but have been stopped in my tracks with these trailing arm bushings (OEM P/N 33326763092). My home-brewed bushing puller with 3/8" threaded rod worked great to pull the diff bushings but would not budge these trailing arm bushings...it snapped under the tension!

This $100 bushing compressor looks like it accomplishes the needed bushing compression that is required, per bentley manual.
Ebay - E90 Bushing Strengthen Bush Installer Tool There is also a hydraulic bushing tool on ebay for $600 but I certainly am not going to pay for that!

My application: My 335xi is my DD, I'll keep it at least another 5yrs and I plan on ~10 track days/yr. 85,000mi. TCKR S/A kit being installed during this swap as well at 400/600 spring rates.
Yes it's worth it,the price is right and will help in the track too. I had this done on my A3...
Appreciate 0