E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > So I'd Just Like to Say The Bentley...

12-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

So I'd Just Like to Say The Bentley...

Repair manual(s) SUCK. I've recently replaced the HVAC blower on my Wife's Z3 and on my E90. In both instances the procedure in each of the manuals was wrong, or lacked information.

On the E90, the procedure mislabels parts of the blower housing and tells you the completley wrong direction in which to twist out the blower unit from the HVAC housing under the dash. You end up breaking off a tab on the blower unit.

On the Z3, the procedure uses two different names for the blower housing cover in two separate sentances; making you think there is a second cover to remove when there isn't. Then the proceedure doesn't explain how to release the holding clip that retains the blower motor in the housing, which makes you try all kinds of methods to release it.

Just venting (no pun intended).
Appreciate 0