E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > WHAT TO DO!?

11-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #155
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
I'll go against most of the advice in this thread.

Save for 6 months, do a 1 pay lease and drive the car. Stay at your parents home until you finish school if you are still in school as you earn money. If you need privacy rent a room at Residence Inn for the weekend. You'll be ahead of the game.

There are people who will scoff at this advice but my brother had a stroke in the prime of his life as he was approaching the top of his game. He survived but has a right side deficit.

Tomorrow is not promised. It must be prepared for but it is not promised.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #156
tec333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin__ View Post
UPDATE: This wasn't a damn troll. I really do work from home and about the M3 I decided to just wait letting my bank add up then I will make my move. When I do I plan to find someone on here that lives in Miami and having them go with me to talk numbers.
Best of luck...update us on this thread when u make ur move.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #157
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It used to be a BMW...

Miami - all flash no cash.

<-- I know, because location =\.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #158
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post

So Miami is basically like the city version of Instagram?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #159
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'll go against most of the advice in this thread.

Save for 6 months, do a 1 pay lease and drive the car. Stay at your parents home until you finish school if you are still in school as you earn money. If you need privacy rent a room at Residence Inn for the weekend. You'll be ahead of the game.

There are people who will scoff at this advice but my brother had a stroke in the prime of his life as he was approaching the top of his game. He survived but has a right side deficit.

Tomorrow is not promised. It must be prepared for but it is not promised.
Sorry to hear about your brother.. Also 6 months was the wait because I am currently adding another stream of income starting another business so that will be my main focus. Excatly what you said was my plan except not 1 pay lease because idk what that is. I was gonna lease the car FIRST I have to find someone that knows about leasing to come with me. Then after I get the car I move out and thats that so people can get off my ass because I live with Family .
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      11-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #160
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

LMAO Not me but since you live here you know then. Since you live in Miami I might have to contact you when it comes time to get my M3 since you know what you are doing. I Just dont wanna get rapped when it comes to payments..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #161
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
UPDATE: This wasn't a damn troll. I really do work from home and about the M3 I decided to just wait letting my bank add up then I will make my move. When I do I plan to find someone on here that lives in Miami and having them go with me to talk numbers.
This has been the most interesting thread. I just want to make a couple of observations:

- good for you for reaching out to the forum members for advice. Most of us have been in your shoes and it is pretty cool that you took the time to even give a shit what we have to say. At 20, I never would have done that.

- you have been amazingly calm with your responses. Typically what happens is the "what should I do" posts are by OPs that want validation and when somebody disagrees with them they go off on them for giving advice. You've not done that.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      11-25-2016, 01:35 AM   #162
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
This has been the most interesting thread. I just want to make a couple of observations:

- good for you for reaching out to the forum members for advice. Most of us have been in your shoes and it is pretty cool that you took the time to even give a shit what we have to say. At 20, I never would have done that.

- you have been amazingly calm with your responses. Typically what happens is the "what should I do" posts are by OPs that want validation and when somebody disagrees with them they go off on them for giving advice. You've not done that.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Yea I respect my "elders" I haven't been disrespected by anyone on here. Just honest/blunt/straight forward ANSWERS from experience people. All happy over here Happy ThanksGiving btw
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
MadZarBMR712.00
      11-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #163
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Kevin,

Here is a quick primer on leasing.

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease06/

Good luck-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #164
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It used to be a BMW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
There are so many Instagram celebrities here its not even funny. But they roll 5-6 deep in a one bedroom condo. It's all about dat life...

To the OP:
$5K a month pre or post tax isn't enough to justify this car. Focus on school, get a degree, buy a place or invest actively in your future. What really turns people on is seeing that you have your shit together, not what kind of car you drive. If you have your life in order (e.g., finances, relationships, career) then consider getting the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #165
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
There are so many Instagram celebrities here its not even funny. But they roll 5-6 deep in a one bedroom condo. It's all about dat life...

To the OP:
$5K a month pre or post tax isn't enough to justify this car. Focus on school, get a degree, buy a place or invest actively in your future. What really turns people on is seeing that you have your shit together, not what kind of car you drive. If you have your life in order (e.g., finances, relationships, career) then consider getting the car.
The OC and LA are full of "dem liferz" too. It's nuts!
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3498.00
      11-27-2016, 02:45 AM   #166
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
It's not about buying an BMW. It's about being able to pay the Monthly Bill every fucking Month. You should also know the differences in between a "Need" and "Want" this will make decisions lot easier for you. Bank and Insurance will rape the shit out of you/your wallet every possible way. Nothing personal just sharing my thoughts. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #167
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

To the OP:
Yea I know im getting into another business to add to my income stream so it has to wait either. Gonna invest my time and money into it and will look to get a M3 for MY18.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 05:15 PM   #168
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yea - I see it all the time on IG. The funniest thing is when you can see through their fake life.

People trying to flaunt left and right about their designer goods, "expensive" car, expensive meals, trips, etc... However, slowly but surely (don't call me shirley) one can find out the truth if he/she digs around enough. (and yes, there are legitimate ballers out there)

however, with the recent influx of people from Mainland China, they are the real deal, haha.

Doesn't take much to portray a fake lifestyle with most things mentioned above, however, it's hard for the average person to afford a Ferrari, Lambo, or McLaren- leased or not like I see many 20 year olds from UCI doing.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #169
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
This is my second thread on the bimmer post not sure though if this is the right spot to post so sorry in advance. Okay so here is my situation the F80 is my dream car have been wanting this car since the 2015 version came out. So I'm 20 years old and FOR the past few months I have been making over 5k+ a month working online(still work part time offline). I DONT own a car now I use my parents. I live with them as well. So my question is should I lease a Lexus for 2 years then just get out of it once a year hits to get a M3? The reason I say this is because trying to convince them to co sign a 80k plus car is gonna be hard unless I show them my bank account. I'm sure if I lease a Lexus I can convince them to do that because it's cheaper then by the time I want a M3 I won't need one......

Not that this matters but what made me come up with this idea is the fact that my friend is like the same age or 19 owns a 14 M5 lives with his parents and works at a supermarket idk how he got that to happen but it happen. The paying 1k plus for the car a month won't be a problem it's the co signer part. Thanks in advance and again sorry if this isn't the right place to post.

Getting a M3 at your age is moronic and I hope your parents aren't morons who are willing to consign on this disaster. IF your fiend does own an M5 then his parents are making at least half the payments because there is no way on Gods green Earth he can afford to make payments on it, on a supermarket employees salary
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #170
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Getting a M3 at your age is moronic and I hope your parents aren't morons who are willing to consign on this disaster. IF your fiend does own an M5 then his parents are making at least half the payments because there is no way on Gods green Earth he can afford to make payments on it, on a supermarket employees salary
It's not dumb if I can afford it but like I said I'm starting a new business so I should be able to get MY18. And about my friend his car is paid off already it's a 2014....
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #171
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
It's not dumb if I can afford it but like I said I'm starting a new business so I should be able to get MY18. And about my friend his car is paid off already it's a 2014....
Ok 19 year old working at a supermarket paid off a 2014 M5 ON HIS OWN. Let me grab my popcorn this is comedy gold here. FYI my 17 year old nephew just paid of his 2015 Veyron he did it on his artist salary. Yeah he's a sandwich artist at Subway, kid can create masterpieces with some ketchup, mayo, and a bun.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7559.50
sirdaft12202.50
      11-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #172
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Please tell me you know the difference between tie rods and rod bearings.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #173
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

If you're starting a business, spending potential capital on a depreciating asset is not the way to go...unless you're starting a car tuning business or express delivery business...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #174
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yea - I see it all the time on IG. The funniest thing is when you can see through their fake life.

People trying to flaunt left and right about their designer goods, "expensive" car, expensive meals, trips, etc... However, slowly but surely (don't call me shirley) one can find out the truth if he/she digs around enough. (and yes, there are legitimate ballers out there)

however, with the recent influx of people from Mainland China, they are the real deal, haha.

Doesn't take much to portray a fake lifestyle with most things mentioned above, however, it's hard for the average person to afford a Ferrari, Lambo, or McLaren- leased or not like I see many 20 year olds from UCI doing.
The old Chinese mafia money. Ohhhhh what I've learned the last few years about what goes on behind the scenes.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #175
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

But we all want things in life.

Lease is probably your way to go, if you want a new one. If you can live with yourself driving a used car, find a CPO, finance, MAKE PAYMENTS, and build credit.

A good credit score at a young age will help you out a lot, especially with starting a business.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #176
Kevin__
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
But we all want things in life.

Lease is probably your way to go, if you want a new one. If you can live with yourself driving a used car, find a CPO, finance, MAKE PAYMENTS, and build credit.

A good credit score at a young age will help you out a lot, especially with starting a business.
I am gonna lease when the 2018 version comes out. I do NOT live alone not yet anyways and I am already starting to build credit just need something major to put on it. And about the business what I should have said is I'm getting into a new online business to add a second income stream....
Appreciate 0