E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 330d code 4667 dpf regen to frequent

04-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
CrocodileHunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d

330d code 4667 dpf regen to frequent

I have a strange problem with my m57 330d, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some pointers

I discovered code 4667 on my car over the weekend whilst trying out the btool app and by bluetooth reader. I had noticed that the oil level had come up a little when I last checked it too so was suspicious of this anyway.

The app said that a regen was requested, and that the last one was completed approx 500km ago. On my way home from work it got upto temperature and started to regen. The soot level dropped from 44g to about 8g, however after it finished 'regen requested' remained and the soot level soon shot back up again.

The back pressure came back all good, way below the max for each rpm

I then took the car for a long motorway run and it completed a nice long regen and the requested indicator went out. The soot level dropped to 4g this time but shot back upto mid 20s in no time. Back pressure at idle was around 8pa

This morning the regen requested indicator is back, however on my 20 mile each way commute it didn't start?

One thing I noticed is that the soot level increases when under any load, and falls when coasting down hills etc. Anyone got any ideas as to why it would fluctuate like this? It's up in the mid to late 30s now

Dodgy pressure sensor?

Any help greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 12:15 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

deffo sounds like a sensor,,ive just had my egt sensor changed,,not same prob as yours though.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #3
CrocodileHunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d

That's what I'm thinking

Strangely on the way to work this morning the 'regen requested' indicator went out, even though the soot level is up at approx 44g now????

Something else to consider is the ash level, this has been at 6.7g and hasn't moved. Sounds low considering the car has 134k on the clock now.

The total dpf distance remaining on btool says 'error' on the I drive it says 110k miles. (It was 125k when I got the car) I suspected someone has reset this or reset the dpf adaptations in the past?
Appreciate 0