E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Northern Calif. Dealers

04-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #111
azzurribaggio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci E46/2006 325i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricemutt
Hi, new member and BMW owner, and look forward to learning from and contributing to this site.

In case this helps anyone, I bought my '06 325i at the end of March for $30 over invoice (= invoice price of car + destination charge, no MACO) using the fax attack method (see fightingchance.com).

I ended up getting a low bid from Coast BMW and a price match from BMW of Fremont. Caveats: I used the fax attack at the end of the month and quarter, and I was just looking for a base model 325i -- auto tranny was the only option I wanted -- so these factors probably helped me get the price that I got. The dealer also threw in free floor mats and a full tank of gas.

The whole transaction went smoothly, no complaints, so for what it's worth, anyone looking to buy in the SF Bay area might want to take a look at these two dealers. Hope this is helpful.
That's insane my friend, good job. Mind telling us who over at Fremont was willing to do that kind of deal?
His initials SB?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #112
first-timer
Rep
Drives: 325i

how much is your total OTD?
what is his name?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #113
first-timer
Rep

Quote:
Hi, new member and BMW owner, and look forward to learning from and contributing to this site.

In case this helps anyone, I bought my '06 325i at the end of March for $30 over invoice (= invoice price of car + destination charge, no MACO) using the fax attack method (see fightingchance.com).

I ended up getting a low bid from Coast BMW and a price match from BMW of Fremont. Caveats: I used the fax attack at the end of the month and quarter, and I was just looking for a base model 325i -- auto tranny was the only option I wanted -- so these factors probably helped me get the price that I got. The dealer also threw in free floor mats and a full tank of gas.

The whole transaction went smoothly, no complaints, so for what it's worth, anyone looking to buy in the SF Bay area might want to take a look at these two dealers. Hope this is helpful.
Did you get a black 325i with black leatherette?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #114
first-timer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman
i bought my car from bmw of mountain view...... i paid $5 above invoice ...... invoice price = 38895 and i paid 39000..... also got free mats and a full tank of gas

and i didnt pay any MACO/DAG fees

Who is the salesman?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #115
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (very soon)

Quote:

Was this a car you ordered or from the lot? Trade-in, dealer finance, lease?

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #116
pacman
Lieutenant Colonel
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-timer
Who is the salesman?
garry jakketa. he is the fleet manager at bmw of mountain view
      04-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #117
ricemutt
Registered
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (Monaco Blue)

Hi, more details in response to the clarifications requested:

- The fightingchance.com method advises contacting sales and fleet managers for the initial request for quote, though regular sales associates may respond to you. At Fremont, a Chris Neal repsonded (I think he's also the fleet manager). At Coast, Marc Descamps (sales manager).

- The car is a basic Monaco Blue with black leatherette and auto tranny. Also came with satellite prep (didn't want it, but had no choice). It'd just arrived the day before at the dealership and had 5 miles on it. Just lucky there, I think. Coast BMW had one arriving by boat in a few days' time (with no satellite prep) if I'd chosen to go with them.

- OTD price was $33,618. Dern CA sales tax....straight purchase, no trade-in/lease/finance.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #118
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

when i was shopping for my car, i checked out bmw of mountain view, stevens creek bmw, peter pan bmw, and bmw of fremont.

bmw of mountain view: this is where i wound up getting my car. talk to tony leyva. he is also an internet sales manager, even though he is not listed on the web site. he's been selling bmw's for many many years at various dealerships. a pleasure to work with, and he'll get you a good deal and work on getting what you really want.

stevens creek bmw: they have a huge inventory of e90's on their lot. didn't have the config i wanted. they did however find something close to what i wanted at the monterey dealership. wanted too much over invoice, claiming a dealer trade costs them lots of money blah blah blah. however, if the car was on their lot, they were willing to give good deals.

peter pan bmw: the guy i talked to their was a complete asshole. i just wanted to talk about price, and i did let him know that i was not ready to buy at the very moment. after i got a quote from him, that wasn't approved by his manager, i said i'd give him a call if i'm interested. he got all pissed and kept asking why i couldn't purchase it right then. so i said f it, and left.

bmw of fremont: huge parking lot, with hardly any cars. what's up with this place? the guy couldn't find anything remotely close to what i wanted, but kept pressuring me to get something he had in stock. lame.
      05-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #119
pr330i
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

I wish I found this forum before I bought a car. The knowledge contained here is fantastic.
I purchased a 2006 330i which is built and waiting to be loaded.
I thought I had a good deal at $500.00 over invoice plus MAACO and training fees. What is the scoop on MAACO and Training Fees? Are these part of the invoice price?
Did I get a fair deal?
Appreciate 0