E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > (E90) Anyone Running a Short Front Plate?

09-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #23
Rhino.
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

I have a five digit plate and an E90, and asked myself the same question! Thanks for the thread...will give this some thought.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:32 PM   #24
JulesM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1985 View Post
More pics of both please! How did the e90 fare on track?
Hmmm, Well I'd booked the trackday for the Nissan but that wasn't ready so I was going to get a credit for another trackday. In the end as I had a few mates going and it was guranteed sunny dry weather I took the BMW.

It was the Snetterton 300 so probably one of the fastest tracks in the UK, straightline speed was impressive, I was hitting indicated 130ish by the time I broke for the first corner, brakes worked very well too.

In the twisties it was a bit of a handful, standard seatbelts, suspension and diff weren't a good combination, it would be understeering and I'd be falling out the seat.

It's probably a lot more capable in the hands of a decent driver and I doubt I'd take it on track again but glad I tried it, I just tried to get some space on my own so I wouldn't get involved in any risky situations. I'd just had an offer accepted on a flat and if I'd have stacked it then it would have been a whole world of pain!

I spun it in the afternoon which was the only time I tried it with the traction control turned fully off. Decided to quit whilst I was ahead. An hour or two later an e93 M3 binned it quite badly so I was just happy to be able to drive it home with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #25
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Sounds good! Pretty much what id expected. Will be taking mine on track soon!
Appreciate 0