E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PE Mod on the E93 Too Loud? (Wondering About Removing Only 1/2 of the Baffled Pipe)

10-16-2023, 07:10 PM   #1
scbim
cap
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

PE Mod on the E93 Too Loud? (Wondering About Removing Only 1/2 of the Baffled Pipe)

Okay kind of an odd inquiry here...

I have an E93 335i and have been considering the PE mod. Hoping to get something a little deeper and louder, but don't want to take it too far since it would be disruptive when spirited driving with the top down (especially for passengers).

What I'm looking for is a balance of say 20-30% increased decibels over the stock exhaust. Curious how much louder the PE mod makes the exhaust (especially at redline), and if it might be possible to strike a compromise by doing something janky like only removing half of the baffled pipe instead of straight pipes all the way through.

Also--I read that E92s come with an x-pipe and assumed that the E93 does as well but please correct me if I am wrong.
Appreciate 0