E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > BMW 335i (N55) Performance Edition And Retrofit Kit Driving impression

11-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #67
Noncom23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD335M View Post
No no. I was talking about Performance Exhaust (PE) that only give you like 3-4hp. The PPK gives you more for sure. You definitely feel and hear a difference.
Ok, got it. Thx!
      12-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #68
E90Mack
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x

Garage List
2011 E90  [6.00]
2006 X3 2.5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
So lets make this a thread about driving impressions from those that have test driven or actually have a car with this tune onboard.

Please lets not discuss the price and what dealers are charging. There are at least 2 threads that have more than enough info regarding price.

I hope to drive one tomorrow or Saturday time permitting. I have ordered a car with the ZMZ pack and should receive it the second half of October.

I'm basically hoping for the elimination of Lag and a bit more low end grunt.

I had a 2007 335 coupe and loved how the N54 felt like a normally aspirated motor, until they updated the software durning an oil change. Then it became less torquey and had a bit more lag but nothing like todays N54 and N55's

To compensate, I installed a Procede and loved it, but my car was a lemon and pulling the system off constantly was just too much. After they lemond the car I got an M3. Now the lease is over and low end torque is calling my name but this time I would like to keep the car stock (Diesel fans I did consider the car but its just too extreme of a jump for me coming out of the M3).

So lets hear from those that have experience with this tune. This thread should grow rapidly in the next few weeks with those that are receiving there cars and those that are getting the retrofit.

Made a purchase about a week ago of my 335i with the ppk, M-sport, performance pack. It was done at the factory, and has the decal under the hood but not on the trunk. I'm ok with that as I am not crazy about a lot of badging on a car. After test driving a lot of 335i's it just was so noticeable how much more grunt this car had. A bit of driving this week does not change my opinion.

My big question (that I will try and solve via doing is) who much will the extra water cooler and larger fan (I believe the fan from the 135i..the 850w version....) will have in terms of getting into limp mode during HPDE's. Am I still going to need an aftermarket oil cooler? My guess is that this kit on an N55 is such a new thing that there is not too much real world experience with this yet. I also wonder if this new cooler and piping occupy some space where the aftermarket oil coolers would go. For example, AR's "dual oil cooler in sequence" model looks like the one on the left hand side is right where this extra oil cooler now sits.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #69
hikoreanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335ix and '01 Z3 2.5i

my 335i doesn't qualify for PPK2

just bought my 2009 335ix a few weeks ago and wanted to add ppk2, but apparently if your 335i doesn't have the speed limiter installed it doesn't qualify for any of the performance packs
Appreciate 0