E90Post

Lease SwApp

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Another day. Another gun. Another school. Texas

05-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #441
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
But Anna, you do your BS in a very different way. Someone telling people what is wrong with their country when their own country has problems also is a little much. I know you are an atheist, but the new guy reminds me of this bible passage:

Matthew 7:1-5 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Hope all is well with you
Yeah well, try my atheist philosophy for shits and giggles and fix the shit you can, and either live with the rest or get a beer.

As you know, I have read the Bible and I have quoted here (badly, but you try translating texts to an other language and then let's talk! Especially when you read them the last time 20 years ago...) this piece too.

Casting stones is easy. That's what we in Europe have done so much we needed colonies to haul more stones to our yards!

Just to go back to the bible a bit:

Turn the other cheek. I mean take in ideas, but as the first response maybe not attack back so you can actually get useful ideas if they can be given, and at some point the idiots who keep on attacking you (see bmmwb and I, the first year was war) can actually start reading you better. Then you can talk.

Last edited by Lups; 05-24-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #442
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
All im saying is "things that make you go hmmm".

Perhaps you have an alternate list where it doesnt show the US on the top (by an enormous amount) as compared to any other country in the world when it comes to school shootings? I know people on the right think CNN is purely fake, but I personally reference all news sources before making an informed decision, so Im open to alternate sources.

I agree there is obvioulsy a different problem. IMO people dance around it like crazy.
im not saying there isnt a school shooting issue, but your posts suggest it is due to gun laws.

What is the issue if this is not the point you were trying to make?

and the reference to CNN in an anti gun article, is that there is a clear bias where they are trying to point you in the direction that guns are the issue, nothing else. that is why the stats are put the way they are. to shock and scare the uninformed.
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #443
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Don't you have some ironing to do
Nah man, I got the balls around here stored in my purse totally flattened and starched to perfection.

Shall I add yours to my collection?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #444
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
careful, didnt he get upset last time you called him new
Fyi: Around here I get to call out who ever the fuck I want to since I always call out people for the same reasons. I don't care if someone is on my side or someone else's side, nobody benefits when talking stops and shouting begins .

I agree with many posters here I don't need to or I don't even want to, but if we want to talk about politics, we as adults should be civil enough to stand by our posts and also to reach out towards the opposite view holding posters. Shouting isn't constructive and I'm too old to do that these days.

Last edited by Lups; 05-24-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #445
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Same movies
Same video games
Same mental illness issues
Same crappy parenting

hmmm...what is it. What is the one major underlying difference
You might want to do some research. CNN's numbers are far from accurate and are used to skew the response to suit their agenda. First you might want to check out what they used as a definition for school shooting. hmmm..
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer8138.00

05-24-2018, 03:48 PM   #446
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Fyi: Around here I get to call out who ever the fuck I want to since I always call out people for the same reasons. I don't care if someone is on my side or someone else's side, nobody benefits when talking stops and shouting begins .

I agree with many posters here I don't need to or I don't even want to, but if we want to talk about politics, we as adults should be civil enough to stand by our posts and also to reach out towards the opposite view holding posters. Shouting isn't constructive and I'm too old to do that these days.
are you shouting at me?
Appreciate 1
Lups9550.00

05-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #447
Lups
Rep

Quote:
are you shouting at me?
I'm pretty sure I have done that, but then the fucking adulting thingy happened and I apologized to you for being a bitch.

That hurt my ego a lot. The words, the regret, feeling like a bitch. I did what I keep telling others here is not the way and you were my target.

Many members here have had posts like that on their walls written by me. I fuck up a lot.

I'm glad you accepted my apology. This is only internet as you said but civil behavior is my shining city on a top of an internet connection I feel like my generation should hold on to as an idea.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #448
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
You might want to do some research. CNN's numbers are far from accurate and are used to skew the response to suit their agenda. First you might want to check out what they used as a definition for school shooting. hmmm..
Got to wondering about this...and did some research and those numbers include gang shootings, accidents and fights....basically not this random shoot up we are discussing.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/us/sc...rnd/index.html
SakhirM46951.50
MKSixer8138.00

05-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #449
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

I've been reading a bit, and found where Joe Biden (D-Moron) introduced legislation in 1990 called the Gun-Free School Zone Act. It makes it a violation of federal law to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. As predicted, the bad guys and psychos know that no one in a school is armed.

Even before this Act, 97.3% of mass shootings have occurred in gun-free areas, which have included schools since 1990.

https://crimeresearch.org/2018/05/mo...ass-shootings/

81% of police support arming teachers and school administrators

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tes/110464412/

Joe Biden - still on the wrong side of every issue.

05-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #450
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
considering the numbers of 2017 fall more in line with where they had been prior to the last couple years, I would argue that the rare low crime rates were the abnormality and the higher rates are the norm.

and we all know the US Media skews facts to fit their agenda. If you are basing your entire argument on what the US media is telling you, you are going to be incorrect.

Couldnt find a graph showing from 1990 to 2017, so compiled the data for the US and UK homicide rates from various sources. The 2017 numbers are approximate as i couldnt find the actual reports, just articles about them.

As you can see, UKs rate has stayed pretty steady with a spike in early 2000s. And you can see the overall curve has been fairly consistent between the 2 countries.
As stated earlier in this thread, do the stats you posted include suicides in these homicide rates? Most of the media figures don't adjust for these differences - the UK doesn't count them (nor does most of the EU), whereas the US does - which make our stats look worse.

The EU/UK pawns like to howl about how guns are so out-of-control in the US, which their leaders use to reinforce their restrictive gun policies. I wonder if their Kings and Queens are armed?

Why do all the leaders who advocate gun control live in gated neighborhoods, and have armed security staff?
That's my issue with Hollywood and Limousine Liberals. They live behind iron gates with armed security teams but us little people aren't allowed to defend ourselves.

It really is Hypocrisy to the nth degree
'16 340 (Wifey) July/August '16 ED
'16 M4 (Mine) July/August '16 ED
Appreciate 3
bbbbmw2113.00
sirdaft11836.50

05-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #451
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I've been reading a bit, and found where Joe Biden (D-Moron) introduced legislation in 1990 called the Gun-Free School Zone Act. It makes it a violation of federal law to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. As predicted, the bad guys and psychos know that no one in a school is armed.

Even before this Act, 97.3% of mass shootings have occurred in gun-free areas, which have included schools since 1990.

I know which side he likes...
Attached Images

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2113.00

05-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #452
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

I hope he runs against Trump in 2020. It will be SO entertaining
'16 340 (Wifey) July/August '16 ED
'16 M4 (Mine) July/August '16 ED
Appreciate 2
MKSixer8138.00
bbbbmw2113.00

05-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #453
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have done that, but then the fucking adulting thingy happened and I apologized to you for being a bitch.

That hurt my ego a lot. The words, the regret, feeling like a bitch. I did what I keep telling others here is not the way and you were my target.

Many members here have had posts like that on their walls written by me. I fuck up a lot.

I'm glad you accepted my apology. This is only internet as you said but civil behavior is my shining city on a top of an internet connection I feel like my generation should hold on to as an idea.
lol ive been here much longer than my profile would suggest.

i know how the ot works and was surprised you said anything. there are no feelings allowed in here
Appreciate 1
Lups9550.00

05-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #454
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
poor guy

in 20 years all these pics will be used as evidence of sexual harrassment
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #455
Lups
Rep

Quote:

My platoon leader used to say that 99.9% of untested people would shoot anyone they can in a mass shooting. He also said that he with combat experience could shoot to kill everyone he shot in a school shooting, but as the swat officer he would have a 20% chance.

I have gone through a few city shooting ranges and even with a week of intense training and only with a reward following and with a target marked as "anyone in a red coat, you kill. "

I'm a solid shot. I've been tested in emergencies and I'm solid in those too. I can tell you for a fact in a training situation I only killed 20% of the civilians in my way. And that was when I was 20.

Do you know how a parent would feel like every morning while sending a kid to school?

"she'll be fine. Her teachers today have the average of 40% while not under fire"

Home schooling is an expense to the society too you know.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #456
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My platoon leader used to say that 99.9% of untested people would shoot anyone they can in a mass shooting. He also said that he with combat experience could shoot to kill everyone he shot in a school shooting, but as the swat officer he would have a 20% chance.

I have gone through a few city shooting ranges and even with a week of intense training and only with a reward following and with a target marked as "anyone in a red coat, you kill. "

I'm a solid shot. I've been tested in emergencies and I'm solid in those too. I can tell you for a fact in a training situation I only killed 20% of the civilians in my way. And that was when I was 20.

Do you know how a parent would feel like every morning while sending a kid to school?

"she'll be fine. Her teachers today have the average of 40% while not under fire"

Home schooling is an expense to the society too you know.
if parents too worried because there is a .00003% chance their kid dies in a school shooting, they should realize the chance of their kid getting killed on the way to school is much higher.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #457
Lups
Rep

Quote:
lol ive been here much longer than my profile would suggest.

i know how the ot works and was surprised you said anything. there are no feelings allowed in here
don't think so, so when I do wrong, I think I need to address that too.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #458
Lups
Rep

Quote:
if parents too worried because there is a .00003% chance their kid dies in a school shooting, they should realize the chance of their kid getting killed on the way to school is much higher.
Schools as the idea is the reason why every parent everywhere is touched by every shooting. It doesn't matter where it happens. Finland has had those too.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #459
LobB
Major General
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Nah man, I got the balls around here stored in my purse totally flattened and starched to perfection.

Shall I add yours to my collection?
I'm a naturist.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #460
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

05-24-2018, 04:37 PM   #461
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
I'm a naturist.
I'm a Finn. That's the same thing basically. I'll make sure to use potato flour based products to yours.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #462
Rampant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB M3; '09 gen1.5 997 T

Garage List
Quote:
Clearly you have issues in the UK - maybe focus on those, and let us work on ours? Why is this issue your issue?

As a Brit, you don't have a handle on the larger issue (immigration, mental illness, the school-to-prison pipeline nonsense, etc.), and you ultimately don't understand the purpose behind the 2nd Amendment.

But feel free to keep throwing bombs across the pond - and we will keep ignoring you.

Lol - whatever.
If you check the previous post to yours there is a graph. It appears that the UK has less of an issue. Not my graph... That's the first point. In response to your statement that the UK has issues... Maybe not as bad as all that.

My second response is that people can offer opinions on several things at the same time. Let's not stovepipe. I do have opinions on UK matters. Of course I do. But that doesn't exclude an individual from forming observations and opinions in other matters, does it?

Third point - an this is really, really important. I'm not religious but I do have a strong sense of society, propriety and personal standards. So the third point is this, a quote from someone that I strongly believe in:

"The standard that you walk past is the standard you accept".

You may label me a busy-body for holding this standard. That's fine. But it is a good description of how Lups daughter behaved, standing up to bullies.

The quote describes that if you ignore some kind of behaviour, without challenging it, then, fundamentally it indicates that you must somehow accept the behaviour that you didn't challenge. I hold that standard true in my everyday life.

So when I see a school girl report on TV that she felt it was only a matter of when not if... This is something I cannot accept without challenging the status quo. So why is this issue my issue? Because I find it difficult to accept that USA will wantonly ignore a prime reason why gun deaths might be related to numbers of guns available. Judging by the responses I'm getting it certainly appears to me that you must value gun rights higher than you value the safety of school children. That is what all of the arguments on this thread distill down to. That's my observation. It's an uncomfortable observation. I don't like it. But this is what I see.

I also find it bemusing that anybody would condescend to saying that "you don't understand the purpose of the 2nd amendment" - and in particular say this to a Brit.

Ultimately, my intent us not to upset you. If whatever I say is upsetting, it is not intended as a smear. It is intended as an honest observation so that perhaps it might open your eyes to alternatives rather than acting bitter and entrenched in your viewpoint. I offer an insight. An insight that *perhaps* only an outsider can identify.

I can honestly say that it hasn't been me to get personal without first enduring some personal attack myself.

My honest intent is to try to show you what I see with my own eyes. Offer food for thought. If you reject that food for thought, then so be it. It might be uncomfortable or inconvenient for you to accept. But that is the true mark of good character. I could quote the bible on that, but since I'm not religious, that would be hypocritical.

At this point I refer to the speck of dust passage. Wholly inappropriate. In fact, the person who quoted it reminded me of Willie from the poem Holy Willie's Prayer.

Finally. I didn't get upset at Lups calling me new guy. I liked it. Since it is true. I am new and can accept that with conviction. But being new doesn't mean that you have less to offer...

Peace out

Mark H