E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Bimmercode/Bimmerlink

02-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325d LCI

Bimmercode/Bimmerlink

Hey so I drive an e91 LCI 325d and I have a few questions. So I have got both of these apps. Firstly. Bimmerlink I found 18 stored codes, each code said it was not currently present and wouldn't flag up however my CEL was on...

I am fairly certain it is my new EGR flagging the CEL (some codes were EGR codes) even though it is working perfectly, I believe that the adaptations need to be reset for the EGR as they weren't done when it was installed, can bimmerlink do this?

Secondly onto Bimmercode. I have not coded anything yet but I did just have a flick through the options, when I press the FRM I get a critical error and it will not let me enter and code the footwell module. This seems to be quite common from my very brief googling, my question is what can I do about this if anything?

Interestingly (or maybe not!) my car went in for some recall work back in 2018 with the dealer and since then the front windows will not auto up, they will only auto down. They also will not open at all when I long press on the key, the back windows and sunroof do but the front will not. This all worked perfectly prior to BMW getting their hands on it.

I did relentlessly pursue BMW to repair this at the time but had no luck, the closest I got was them saying I had to pay £99 for diagnostics and they would fully refund this and repair the car for free if they find themselves to be at fault. I told them where to go as I know for a fact it was their doing and I can only assume they will not find themselves at fault or give me back my £99 let alone repair it for free.

I am now putting 2 & 2 together and (again a quick conclusion from my limited knowledge) thinking that them disconnecting my battery at the time of repairs has caused some issue within the footwell module as they seem very prone to breaking over nothing on cars from my time apparently.

The only thing making me doubt this is that most people say when the FRM goes the lights wont work and all sorts however my only issue is the above mentioned windows and a very brief case of my indicator flashing fast (months ago) and telling me there was a bulb fault. I have since found no issues what so ever with the lights and never had this issue repeat.

Any clues as the what is going on?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 12:07 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Simple fix, close all doors and turn the car on. On the driver side window control switch, press the window down button for 20 seconds then windows up button for 20 seconds on the driver side window. Do same thing for passenger after. After that your windows will function normally
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #3
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Simple fix, close all doors and turn the car on. On the driver side window control switch, press the window down button for 20 seconds then windows up button for 20 seconds on the driver side window. Do same thing for passenger after. After that your windows will function normally
Tried this, or some variation of this, dozens of times. It doesn't work for me. The only thing it ever seems to do is disable the auto down as well and sometimes (as I was at a drive thru no less ) gets the window completely stuck closed with no response from the window switch at all. It seems to start working again after a certain amount of time, but no matter what the windows will not auto up, only down.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuLUKEkul View Post
Quote:
Tried this, or some variation of this, dozens of times. It doesn't work for me. The only thing it ever seems to do is disable the auto down as well and sometimes (as I was at a drive thru no less ) gets the window completely stuck closed with no response from the window switch at all. It seems to start working again after a certain amount of time, but no matter what the windows will not auto up, only down.
It's not initializing properly then. You can use a scan tool to fully initialized like inpa, ista or tool32 and that should fix it. It'll be under frm functions in inpa
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 03:24 AM   #5
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It's not initializing properly then. You can use a scan tool to fully initialized like inpa, ista or tool32 and that should fix it. It'll be under frm functions in inpa
Okay thanks! I don't have any of those, just Bimmercode/link and they are giving me the "Critical Error in FRM" that I see a lot of people get when I try and enter there for coding...
Appreciate 0