E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > No Data on OBD for an inspection sticker 2007 328XI

02-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
bmwbob89
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI 04 325XI 740 88 M5

No Data on OBD for an inspection sticker 2007 328XI

I went in for a Massachusetts state inspection sticker today and they can't communicate with the OBD. I'm running the Bimmerlabs no maf tune. I can access the DME with my Autel Maxidas scanner but I can't get Torque to connect. It seems to me Torque connected to the car in the past. Anyone with a similar issue? I'm debating flashing back to stock and see if that fixes it to get a sticker and then flash back.
Next question is how to flash back and which Stock file to use as there are 2 listed.
The other option is to flash back to the original flash but I'm not sure how to do that.
Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

If "Bimmerlabs" Broke It???

If Bimmerlabs $old you $omething that prevents you from passing State Inspection, I would HOPE they have enough integrity/ knowledge to properly support what they sell and to answer your questions. To avoid giving them any ability to claim YOU caused an issue by NOT consulting them for support, I would NOT undertake to advise you on the issue (and I don't know anything about flashing anyway).

Did they provide ANY "Manual" related to installation or use with the product? Is there ANY such Manual or support help of any kind on line? Do you have contact information for Bimmerlabs? Their web sites look a bit cheesy:
https://www.bimmerlabs.com/
https://www.bimmerlabs.com/contact

If NO cooperation from Bimmerlabs, then your local regulatory agencies from the State/ Commonwealth Corporation Commission or Licensing Agencies are the "Next Step".
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
bmwbob89
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI 04 325XI 740 88 M5

I was using their free flashes so they are not responsible as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even sure the flash is the problem. I want to start there since it was probably the last thing I did that may have caused the issue. The car runs great but now has a rejection sticker and I need to get a sticker to be legal. I just need a little help to get it back to stock to get a sticker then I'll flash it back so the 3 stage intake from a 330 works.
Appreciate 0