E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Stone Roses tickets already on Ebay?

10-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 06 LeMans Blue 320D MSport

Stone Roses tickets already on Ebay?

Was just checking to see if there was any sign of pre-sale tickets and on Ebay there are 3 pages so far of tickets for the Manchester gigs, whats the craic with that? Do these sellers have connections or are they counting on beating the thousands who will be logging on to ticketmaster at 930 on Friday?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Happens all the time for the big gigs.

Sometimes fanclubs get them in advance, some of the mobile phone companies have deals to get them a day or two early as well.

Some of the ebay folk will be chancers. Put tickets up they don't have yet.

I have also no doubt Ticketmaster are behind this too. Watch how quickly it sells out and how quickly thousands of tickets appear on their own get me in site at silly prices.

They used to print ticket numbers next to tickets for sale on get me in. I used to see a whole list of sequential numbers when you could only buy 4 max at a time.

It's ticketmaster who are selling them I believe on get me in pretending to private sellers.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
JJD
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Agree with the above. Selling some on EBay and dare I say artificailly boosting prices wouldn't hurt the price GetMeIn can ask either...

Whether The Stones Roses are still together by the time of the concert is another question...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

It looks like they will headline T in the Park a week after the Manchester gigs now.

Depends if you are a festivals person, but for not much more money than a black market ticket you can see and entire festival of music.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I wonder if the Stone Roses tickets will fetch a higher price than the One Direction ones were going for.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 06 LeMans Blue 320D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spodoinklehorse View Post
Was just checking to see if there was any sign of pre-sale tickets and on Ebay there are 3 pages so far of tickets for the Manchester gigs, whats the craic with that? Do these sellers have connections or are they counting on beating the thousands who will be logging on to ticketmaster at 930 on Friday?

Well I didnt manage to get any, I may wait for the Irish show if there is one 225000 tickets gone just like that!! Fuck them festivals tho, if I wanted to wear wellys for a weekend Id help the oul lad out on the farm......
Appreciate 0