E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Home Insurance Renewal

09-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Home Insurance Renewal

Been sat on may desk is my home insurance renewal with a ‘don’t renew 19th Sep’ post-it note stuck to it. I have just come off the phone to RBS telling them I am not happy with their renewal price and have found cheaper blah, blah (which I hadn’t) anyway ten minutes later I end up getting the exact same policy for £423.00 less! The bastards, the total robbing scum. I would have normally just let that renew and thought nothing of it, but on this occasion the phone wasn’t ringing and I had five minutes spare to call them, thank fcuk I did!

I am now digging out all my other policies on a mission to see how much more money I can save.

I am more pissed off with myself for usually letting these things renew automatically, not anymore!

Last edited by KadeSdad; 09-16-2011 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
no_ball
No Fear
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d M Sport

i sometimes renew with the same company but saving about 50 squids going through a comparison web site... how does that work then!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

I do likewise with Sheilas Wheels...year on year they work out the cheapest. Their renewal price is ridiculous but all I do is go to the comparison site, cancel old policy and start a new one.

Well done on you Sir btw!!
      09-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Been sat on may desk is my home insurance renewal with a ‘don’t renew 19th Sep’ post-it note stuck to it. I have just come off the phone to RBS telling them I am not happy with their renewal price and have found cheaper blah, blah (which I hadn’t) anyway ten minutes later I end up getting the exact same policy for £423.00 less! The bastards, the total robbing scum. I would have normally just let that renew and thought nothing of it, but on this occasion the phone wasn’t ringing and I had five minutes spare to call them, thank fcuk I did!

I am now digging out all my other policies on a mission to see how much more money I can save.

I am more pissed off with myself for usually letting these things renew automatically, not anymore!
so you just let it roll over normally?

what are you.. a mug?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
so you just let it roll over normally?

what are you.. a mug?
Just very busy and can't always find the time for spending hours on end trying to find alternative quotes / deals.

I need a PA, fancy a job?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadeSdad View Post
Just very busy and can't always find the time for spending hours on end trying to find alternative quotes / deals.

I need a PA, fancy a job?
only if it can fit in the 0 free hours i have free in the working week
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
p1tse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need more space

Nice one

Home Insurance on line is so dull an long winded compared to car, which locks do you have, contents, etc etc. Some of it bit of a minefield to me

I had to stay with the current as others wouldnt quote as had to make a claim after some low lives tried to break in by using a spade to the window and tried to prise it open and broke the frame.
      09-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

I always swap providers year on year... and always run through quidco - get a lower price -and some cashback!
      10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

I was infuriated by this in the past too. I normally do this in the evening when I get back. Try a couple of comparison sites and pick the best deal. I can do all that in about 15 mins which is normally how long it takes to phone the robbing muppets.

They always send me massively inflated renewals.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Funnily enough, working in the online world Johns link on some forums might make the company £200 a link on the right forums.

For a car insurance quote you get paid between £20 and £30 per completed lead. For a completed sale it can be a lot more. Johns link is worth a fortune. They have trackers set up that ping them when they see posts like this. I'm amazed how quick they were. They get them during hot topics. But his implementation was shit. His post count and profile all wrong.

Insurance online is a money making machine. John would have got about $2 - $5 for that link.

I have an Indian link building company but they are better than him.
Appreciate 0