E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need help with adjustable endlink tabs...

04-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Question Need help with adjustable endlink tabs...

My suspension started clunking past few days and I suspected it was the endlinks being on too tight. I heard before that you should tighten down the endlinks with the wheels on and the cars full weight sitting on level ground. The original installer adjusted the endlink tabs on the struts to what I think was stock height. We removed the enlinks and with the car sitting with its full weight saw that the endlink tab was about 1/2" higher than where the endlink reached without any preload.

Long story short, they lowered the endlink tab on the strut 1/2" and then reconnected the endlinks and I don't have clunking anymore. Is this the proper procedure to connect the endlinks? The cars ride is definitely smoother now but I feel as if I have more understeer.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Anyone?
Appreciate 0