E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > AFE mid pipes for sale

01-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
skeetx3
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

AFE mid pipes for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm selling my AFE mid pipes that were purchased at the end of November 2017 (proof of purchase can be provided if requested.) I had them on my RWD N51 E92 328i. They're compatible with N52's as well but not with XI models without modification from what I'm told. I'm willing to ship but you would have to pay shipping, otherwise local pickup is preferred. I can also deliver it to you within reasonable limits. If you need more info on them here's a link

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-36...teel-race-pipe

Price is $300 firm, PM me and I can send pictures from my cell if you like. Thanks guys.

01-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Would love to have these to make my PE a bit louder.

Reason for selling? Also, could you clarify how they connect? What exhaust system did you have them paired with? According to AFE's website, they can only be used with their cat-back exhaust.. but maybe that's just because they want you to buy it lol. I can't imagine they wouldn't work with other systems, but I have no idea without seeing them in person. I noticed that the pipes are larger then get smaller, so is the smaller section at the end the same diameter as our stock/PE piping. Finally, is the length of them appropriate to bolt up to an unmodified PE, or would one need to shorten or lengthen the PE mid-pipe?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
skeetx3
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Would love to have these to make my PE a bit louder.

Reason for selling? Also, could you clarify how they connect? What exhaust system did you have them paired with? According to AFE's website, they can only be used with their cat-back exhaust.. but maybe that's just because they want you to buy it lol. I can't imagine they wouldn't work with other systems, but I have no idea without seeing them in person. I noticed that the pipes are larger then get smaller, so is the smaller section at the end the same diameter as our stock/PE piping. Finally, is the length of them appropriate to bolt up to an unmodified PE, or would one need to shorten or lengthen the PE mid-pipe?

Thanks!
I'll be happy to answer your questions man. The main reason I purchased these mid pipes was to make my BMW PE louder, and I guarantee you'll like them. No drone with the mid pipes and BMW PE was one of the best features aside from the burbles/ crackles and occasional pop.

So after having them on for 2 months it was just too raspy for me with my setup (AFE headers, AFE mid pipes, and BMW PE.) I ended up putting the secondary cats back on with the AFE headers and now I love the way it sounds. It's no longer raspy when I floor it, but I can still get it to pop and crackle playing with the pedal in DS or manual mode, burbles are there normally driving. There's no drone and I don't sound like a San Francisco treat going down the street.

Originally I had the mid pipes paired with the PE before the headers and I really liked that set up with the burbles/ crackles and occasional pop (no backfires tho), but my OEM cats in the manifolds had to be replaced so I figured why not go with the AFE headers. I didn't go catless because I personally didn't want to deal with any SEL/ CEL lights on my dash.

As far as how they connect, they just bolt on to the OEM headers or aftermarket headers. With the AFE headers, AFE mid pipes, and PE everything fit and lined up perfectly for me. It was a full bolt on for me, but keep in mind I have an e92, I'm not sure how it'll fit with e90's since I heard that on one e90 it made the tips stick out further than the bumper and it made it look off.

The PE comes with clamps and the mid pipes are the same diameter as the exhaust so the clamp just slides over where the small section of the AFE mid pipe and PE meet, it's the same size pipe. All you do is slide the clamp halfway on the mid pipe and halfway on the PE and tighten after the mid pipe is bolted on to the headers. They practically butt up against each other with maybe an 1/8" gap between the mid pipes and BMW PE. So yes, that smaller section is the same size as the BMW PE piping.

I was very worried that I would have to cut my BMW PE, which was something I really did not want to do, but you will not have to lengthen or shorten your PE. I wish I would have taken pictures before I took it off. If you have any other questions that I could answer just let me know. If you want me to send pics just pm me your cell. Right now it's got a nice golden bronze kind of color but you'll see for yourself.

Last edited by skeetx3; 01-20-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Hey man, I really appreciate your detailed reply! You've answered all of my questions and alleviated my concerns. I'll have to check the budget to see if I can swing these (just moved and so now need to get a dining room table lol) but if so I'll definitely be in touch. GLWS either way buddy.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Tirrellsbimmer
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 328XI

I'll buy them
Appreciate 0