E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car won't fully shift into park

08-09-2022, 04:11 PM   #1
JoshApple
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Car won't fully shift into park

So I recently replaced transmission solenoids, tube seals, double-d seals, and mechatromic sleeve a month or two ago. The other night after 150+ miles of doordashing I parked in the garage and noticed once I turned the car off that a gear icon (service trans) light turned on. Furthermore, the shifting indicator light next to "P" was not lit up while in park.

Also have code 2DED regarding an electrical issue. So my guess is something happened with the shifting pin mechanism in the valve body and so it won't fully lock into park and so the trans light stays on when the cars off because it thinks it's going to roll away yet it is indeed in park because it doesn't move.

I do recall parking on a very steep driveway at one particular house when doordashing.

What should I start with to try and resolve this issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #2
bmwbob89
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328XI 04 325XI 740 88 M5

I would make sure the shift cable is adjusted correctly at the transmission. I'm assuming you disconnected it during the work. Easiest place to start.
Appreciate 0