E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > E92 DCT park lockout - disaster or non-event?

12-12-2022, 01:33 AM   #1
vt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 E39 540i6

E92 DCT park lockout - disaster or non-event?

Well, everyone has their "dumb moment", this was a "double blind moment" when two people missed the fact that the part in the video had a different color than in the car.

Source:

Unfortunately, the author had conveniently glossed over a couple of things. The first is that the cover is *one* part and not two (51169141518), and the other is that there's a POM plastic part that is clearly not there at exactly 1:30 and, alas, which used to be there in my car, but since two of us didn't realize it was *not* what was visible in the video, it's now in individual pieces, along with its mating part - the former looks like #10 at https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=25_0520, and the latter is, regrettably, the whole park lockout unit 61319192483, if my eyes don't deceive me.

Now, the question... What was the purpose of that plastic part on top? (side note, it's strange to have a design that shatters into pieces when you look at it cross eyed). It looks to me that it was sort of a protector for the 4mm hex underneath which controls the lockout itself, and there's a spring still left in 61319192483, which is also not visible in the video (but hopefully visible in the picture).

And the final question is - was anyone out there unlucky enough to do this to themselves? If so, did you replace the whole thing? Usually, I replace whatever I break, but this time I have a strange feeling about it, and am tempted to rip out that spring and just let it be.

Any words of wisdom?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0