E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Meth Kit With Cobb Questions

02-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Unklejoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Meth Kit With Cobb Questions

Hello

Who's currently running a meth kit with a Cobb?

Which kit did you go with? And which nozzle?

I'm looking for something just to help with a little knock, not necessarily supply additional fueling.

Where did you tap for the boost reference? (Assuming this is how you are triggering the kit)

I read about some kits using injector duty as a trigger; has anyone used this for the N55?

Also, what is done about fuel tuning when you are running the meth? I read the ECU runs in constant closed loop, so my assumption is that the fuel trims will automatically compensate for the extra fuel provided by the meth. Is this so?

If the fuel trims are load based and the meth is boost based, are there any issues with fueling where the boost and load don't land at the same spot?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
tke344
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f15 X5 50i

This spring I'm planning on going with a Devils own kit, triggered from a boost switch tapped off the charge pipe. I was thinking a CM7 nozzle, I already run E40-E50 so it'll be mostly for cooling. As you said, fueling should compensate automatically, I don't expect any issues there at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Tuning on this platform for many years we've had a chance to work with all the popular methanol/water injection kits on the market. We chose to recommend Aquamist HFS-4 only on this platform for its quality, injectory duty cycle+boost injection strategy and the highest quality turbine based flow sensor and failsafe setup on the market that works entirely independently of the tune.
Appreciate 0