E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Xi cobb fbo s1 or s2 that switched to procede? or vice versa

03-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Xi cobb fbo s1 or s2 that switched to procede? or vice versa

Any of you guys running cobb or ran it s1 or s2+ fbo that switched to procede? or the other way around.. I wanna know what the biggest difference was. I'm running cobb s1 injen dci's and just received my fmic n dp's, but im thinking of switching to vishnu.... meth just seems soo tempting Wondering if its worth it??? I've heard and seen the cobb s2+ torque, and its monsterous!!
ANY Advice??
      03-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep

Yea I know the pro tuner software is out...I'm glad too. I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for the charts. I know there's still more power to be had on the N54 even on stock turbo's. So now it'll be about knowing a good tuner. Just curious on how meth would be integrated in the tune. Can't wait!!
      03-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
phazen23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
you can now get your cobb protuned to add meth, race gas, e85...whatever you want. and it will be custom tuned for YOUR car. every car is different so it's the best way to do it and so i'm glad cobb finally released this feature. vishnu is no comparison at this stage of the game. you will be seeing a lot of custom cobb dyno charts popping up in the weeks to come in the n54 engine section so stay tuned
Protuning does not give you the ability to use meth unless you were to create a custom map and ALWAYS spray meth (the stock ECU has no way of controlling the pump). Additionally, there would be no fall back map available if for some reason your meth stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
kdiggz
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazen23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
you can now get your cobb protuned to add meth, race gas, e85...whatever you want. and it will be custom tuned for YOUR car. every car is different so it's the best way to do it and so i'm glad cobb finally released this feature. vishnu is no comparison at this stage of the game. you will be seeing a lot of custom cobb dyno charts popping up in the weeks to come in the n54 engine section so stay tuned
Protuning does not give you the ability to use meth unless you were to create a custom map and ALWAYS spray meth (the stock ECU has no way of controlling the pump). Additionally, there would be no fall back map available if for some reason your meth stopped working.
Do you run meth all day every day? Personally I wouldn't want to, so a simple setup with a controller that sprays the meth at let's say 9 psi would do the trick for the track. When I'm driving around town I'll switch to a pump gas custom map. I have no use for a meth race map on the street and in my day to day life so this is not an issue for me. Others have had success stacking with jb4 and I'm sure other options are in the works. The Evo guys have been running meth with Cobb for years so I think there will be plenty of development on this front in the weeks to come
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
SlantedEyeXI
Cookied
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazen23 View Post

yes my concern exactly..... Never ran meth on any turbo car I've owned so I gotta find out how the subie or ms3/6 guys with meth run theirs. Even current bmw cobb with jb4.

I gotta search how exactly its integrated... if its just an "on and off" thing so meth is not always spraying. Because even with a custom map stacked with jb4, you would still have to switch back to a custom NON meth map to not spray?? I DEF need to get into tuning!!