E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Indy shop replaced water pump, leaking again

06-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Gonzo's 335i
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Premium Sport

Indy shop replaced water pump, leaking again

I have a 2008 335i n54 and had my thermostat and water pump replaced 3,700 miles ago, less than 6 months. I noticed that it was leaking, cracked again so I took it back to the same shop and they will not fix until I pay for labor again to install the new one. Is this common practice with Indy shops?
I've spent over 3,000 in the last year for my other cars maintenance issues without a problem but now there saying the water pump failure is my fault!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated for my next course of action..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo's 335i View Post
I have a 2008 335i n54 and had my thermostat and water pump replaced 3,700 miles ago, less than 6 months. I noticed that it was leaking, cracked again so I took it back to the same shop and they will not fix until I pay for labor again to install the new one. Is this common practice with Indy shops?
I've spent over 3,000 in the last year for my other cars maintenance issues without a problem but now there saying the water pump failure is my fault!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated for my next course of action..
That sucks! I'm not sure what's 'typical' but the indy I take my 335i to has a 4 year parts/labor warranty and I pay their expensive prices because of their great service and warranty. I had the same thing happen with my water pump and they covered it without question. There are a few other shops around here that specify 'no warranty except what the manufacturer states.' I try to avoid them for stuff like this.

I hope it works out well for you
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo's 335i View Post
but now there saying the water pump failure is my fault!?
So there is more to the story? Why are they saying that?
Appreciate 0