E90Post
 


Extreme Powerhouse
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #67
tke344
Lieutenant
33
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: e90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Ordered a battery charger just for this. Very excited for the exhaust overrun and cold start delete. If I had that a month ago I probably would have skipped getting resonators welded into the stock (+DP) exhaust. Looking forward to those E30 numbers once everything is dialed in.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #68
canadarob
New Member
6
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M-sport, Nissan 350z
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Also, Cold start delete probably saved a few friendships with the neighbors!!!!

Damn snow is falling here now though
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #69
katsooba
First Lieutenant
katsooba's Avatar
64
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Israel

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarob View Post
Flash went well for me.
I have tried a whole bunch of the stage 1 and 1+ maps.

I currently have a meowless pipe and jb4+meth (meth and jb4 were turned off for testing).

Stage 1+ maps kept flat lining timing due to what appears to be overboosting. Most likely because I do not have a intercooler and the Wastegate Duty cycle was tuned with that in mind.
Running stage 1 map 95OCT now and it is very very smooth.

Timing target does seem quite low on these maps. But I imagine this is expected with a OTS map. Awaiting the stage 2 maps to try after I try some BEF flashes from Terry.
there are special BEF maps to use with the JB4
you do not use the OTS maps with JB4

that's why you are getting all these hiccups
__________________
135i N55 / KW V3 / MHD Flash / CP-E 5" DP / CP-E charge pipe / CP-E 7" FMIC
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #70
canadarob
New Member
6
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M-sport, Nissan 350z
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
there are special BEF maps to use with the JB4
you do not use the OTS maps with JB4

that's why you are getting all these hiccups
I dont think you read my quote:
"(meth and jb4 were turned off for testing)."
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #71
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
934
Rep
1,271
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarob View Post
Flash went well for me.
I have tried a whole bunch of the stage 1 and 1+ maps.

I currently have a meowless pipe and jb4+meth (meth and jb4 were turned off for testing).

Stage 1+ maps kept flat lining timing due to what appears to be overboosting. Most likely because I do not have a intercooler and the Wastegate Duty cycle was tuned with that in mind.
Running stage 1 map 95OCT now and it is very very smooth.

Timing target does seem quite low on these maps. But I imagine this is expected with a OTS map. Awaiting the stage 2 maps to try after I try some BEF flashes from Terry.

JB4 is not true bypass and still manipulates things. iirc the N55 JB4 has no true flash only setting. so it's indeed not off. that may have be partially what the issue was with the higher boost targeting 1+ map. These maps were not made with the JB4 in mind.

Timing is on the low end (good observation). Mainly for safety on the initial hit of OPEN Beta to keep people safe. timing as well as ALL aspects of these OTS maps will improve quite swiftly as time passes and feedback is given.

If you have a JB4, i recommend going directly to JB4 BEF from BMS (designed to use with the JB4). or remove the JB4 completely in order to properly utilize the MHD OTS.

Thank you for your feedback.





Also, to answer briefly of who i am, as not to deter from the subject of this thread. I am a calibrator, builder, and fabricator with over 15 years of cross brand and direct injection experience. I understand your concern about "me being a seemingly new guy". But i assure i'm not new to this. I'm just not really on these boards like that. But yes, i am the Owner of Twisted Tuning.

Dyno, Maps will be dyno'd in due time. these are early renditions of greatness to come. It's only going to get better from here everyone. Just keep in Mind, this is a BETA situation currently.

If you have any technical questions feel free to ask. But please try to keep the subject on what this thread is for. MHD for N55. Thanks All, looking forward to helping push the N55 platform with the help of MHD!!!

-Justin
__________________
Twisted Tuning
Performance Automotive Calibrations, Fabrication and Design
www.twistedtuning.com
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 1
MHD Tuning1565.00

      10-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #72
canadarob
New Member
6
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i M-sport, Nissan 350z
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
JB4 is not true bypass and still manipulates things. iirc the N55 JB4 has no true flash only setting. so it's indeed not off. that may have be partially what the issue was with the higher boost targeting 1+ map. These maps were not made with the JB4 in mind.

Timing is on the low end (good observation). Mainly for safety on the initial hit of OPEN Beta to keep people safe. timing as well as ALL aspects of these OTS maps will improve quite swiftly as time passes and feedback is given.

If you have a JB4, i recommend going directly to JB4 BEF from BMS (designed to use with the JB4). or remove the JB4 completely in order to properly utilize the MHD OTS.

Thank you for your feedback.





Also, to answer briefly of who i am, as not to deter from the subject of this thread. I am a calibrator, builder, and fabricator with over 15 years of cross brand and direct injection experience. I understand your concern about "me being a seemingly new guy". But i assure i'm not new to this. I'm just not really on these boards like that. But yes, i am the Owner of Twisted Tuning.

Dyno, Maps will be dyno'd in due time. these are early renditions of greatness to come. It's only going to get better from here everyone. Just keep in Mind, this is a BETA situation currently.

If you have any technical questions feel free to ask. But please try to keep the subject on what this thread is for. MHD for N55. Thanks All, looking forward to helping push the N55 platform with the help of MHD!!!

-Justin

Interesting I didnt think JB4 in mode 0 (completely off) would cause issues. Good to know.

Thanks for the input Justin!

Also, it seems timing is lower also because the detected load looks higher than on the OEM map for similar boost levels. Good for OTS Safety!


Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #73
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
934
Rep
1,271
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarob View Post
Interesting I didnt think JB4 in mode 0 (completely off) would cause issues. Good to know.

Thanks for the input Justin!

Also, it seems timing is lower also because the detected load looks higher than on the OEM map for similar boost levels. Good for OTS Safety!


Rob
thats the thing. the JB4 in "0" is not off. there is no true bypass on the JB4 especially for the N55. and no problem at all.
__________________
Twisted Tuning
Performance Automotive Calibrations, Fabrication and Design
www.twistedtuning.com
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #74
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
934
Rep
1,271
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
Will this work for a more ambitious FBO N55? Perhaps with with a Pure2, Fuel It Stage 2 LPFP and Port Injection setup.
forgot to mention. Already have a few Pure Stage 2 cars being tuned right now on MHD
__________________
Twisted Tuning
Performance Automotive Calibrations, Fabrication and Design
www.twistedtuning.com
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 03:41 PM   #75
nOEMm
Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
127
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
98G0B
Does this mean 98G1B is not compatible?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #76
Peen
Private First Class
Peen's Avatar
39
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

It completely overwrites the ROM that you already have. So yes, 98G1B is fine.
__________________
2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / VRSF Catless DP / Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers's 6K-18K / M3 Control Arms / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #77
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
934
Rep
1,271
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
Does this mean 98G1B is not compatible?
98G1B and 98H0B (which is the one right after G1B I believe). Both are supported. MHD will flash back to 98G0B for tuning purposes.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:12 PM   #78
nOEMm
Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
127
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Someone make a video of the MHD exhaust burble. An opinion in comparison to the PPK burble would also be of value.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #79
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
934
Rep
1,271
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
Someone make a video of the MHD exhaust burble. An opinion in comparison to the PPK burble would also be of value.
They use the exact same tables for overrun. The only difference will be sound dependant on exhaust used and aggressivness selection
Appreciate 2
MHD Tuning1565.00
Turbod285.50

      10-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #80
Peen
Private First Class
Peen's Avatar
39
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
Someone make a video of the MHD exhaust burble. An opinion in comparison to the PPK burble would also be of value.
It's the same. You can just make it last longer. I tried 3 seconds and it sounded silly.

Edit: BTW there is no aggressiveness setting when doing custom BEF (like JB4)

But I don't quite understand why there are two sliders? one is 1.5s and the 2nd is 2s by default.
__________________
2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / VRSF Catless DP / Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers's 6K-18K / M3 Control Arms / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #81
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1565
Rep
1,183
Posts


Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berlin - Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzombie View Post
Will there be differences between the BETA and the final Stage 1 release? Just wondering if I should wait for the final polished tune.
Of course. But map adjustments will be done after release too. Like on n54 we'll keep improving and revise maps again and again as tuning knowledge and tables availability progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
Would you happen to have a list of all the possible parameters that can be logged/monitored?
As of today (because it will grow):

Accel Ped. Pos.
Amb pressure
Battery volt.
Berechnetes Ist-Moment in der Funktionsüberwachung
Boost
Boost target
Coolant
Fuel mode
Gear
IAT
Lambda bank 1
LTFT
MAF
O2 sensor post cat
O2 sensor pre cat
Oil temp
Rail pressure mean
Rail pressure raw
RPM
Soll- Motormoment aus Getriebeüberwachung in der Funktionsüberwachung
Speed
STFT 1
Throttle Pos. Req
Throttle Position
Timing Cyl. 1
Timing Cyl. 2
Timing Cyl. 3
Timing Cyl. 4
Timing Cyl. 5
Timing Cyl. 6
Torque act. clutch
VANOS EX act.
VANOS EX req.
VANOS IN act.
VANOS IN req.
WGDC
Blend factor
Boost mean
Boost over shoot factor
Boost ratio (TPS)
Boost set limit
Boost setpoint factor
Boost setpoint factor (commanded)
Boost target ex
Commanded wgdc base value
Cyl1 Timing Cor
Cyl2 Timing Cor
Cyl3 Timing Cor
Cyl4 Timing Cor
Cyl5 Timing Cor
Cyl6 Timing Cor
Load actual
Load max
Load req.
MAF req.
MAF req. WGDC
Valve lift req. warm
WGDC After PID
WGDC base
WGDC spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin01123 View Post
If our vehicle needs a one time bench flash, what needs to be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganque View Post
I have a BMW 135i 2013 with the MEVD176K DME.
Looks like I might be eligible for the bench flash thing... Do I have to send you my DME in order to have the OBD port unlocked for writing data through it?
We will post more infos on this in about a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground View Post
Which rom is MHD based on 98G0B or 98G1B?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
98G0B
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
Does this mean 98G1B is not compatible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen View Post
It completely overwrites the ROM that you already have. So yes, 98G1B is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
98G1B and 98H0B (which is the one right after G1B I believe). Both are supported. MHD will flash back to 98G0B for tuning purposes.
I will try to rephrase. ALL roms are supported because MHD doesn't rely on the stock ROM version for tuning. Whatever the ROM you have now, it will be overwritten to 98g0b so long MHD is installed.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #82
Johnny Boost
Colonel
286
Rep
2,015
Posts

Drives: '11 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TBD

iTrader: (0)

If you are using the JB4 + BEF, which JB4 map are you supposed to run?
__________________
WedgePerformance E40 MHD | Performance Exhaust Mod | BMS DP | Vibrant 1790 | BMS Intake | VRSF CP | xHP Stage 3
Michelin PSS | M3 Control Arms
LUX v4 LEDs | Shadowline Grills | Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #83
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1565
Rep
1,183
Posts


Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berlin - Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
They use the exact same tables for overrun. The only difference will be sound dependant on exhaust used and aggressivness selection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen View Post
It's the same. You can just make it last longer. I tried 3 seconds and it sounded silly.
Edit: BTW there is no aggressiveness setting when doing custom BEF (like JB4)
But I don't quite understand why there are two sliders? one is 1.5s and the 2nd is 2s by default.
Indeed there is not (yet) an aggressiveness setting (it's on n54). One slider is for normal mode, the second for sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #84
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1565
Rep
1,183
Posts


Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berlin - Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
If you are using the JB4 + BEF, which JB4 map are you supposed to run?
Your usual map. I think there will be like on n54 different boost curves per map on the jb4 but it is not here yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #85
Dhillon92
Lieutenant
65
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: '11 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Is there an option for setting idle when choosing a map, or via the BEF?

Or is a custom flash required for that? Would be great to get rid of the smfw chatter.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #86
AtlasM
Captain
AtlasM's Avatar
United_States
263
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rockville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Question about battery chargers: I have a Battery Tender Plus, which is more of a trickle/float/maintenance type charger. It only puts out 1.25 amps. Is it pretty safe to say that I will need a charger that puts out more juice than this to do the installation flash? What amp rating should a charger have?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #87
Dowdogg
Private First Class
Dowdogg's Avatar
33
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: LCI 335i E90 Space Gray
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Irvine, CA/Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
Indeed there is not (yet) an aggressiveness setting (it's on n54). One slider is for normal mode, the second for sport mode.
Quick Question, are the sliders independent? E.g., if i make normal mode 3 seconds and I make sport mode 4 seconds, does either/or override the other? Also, what is the exact difference between "sport" and "normal"?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #88
Turbod
Major
Turbod's Avatar
United_States
286
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: 2014 E84 X1 35i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasM View Post
Question about battery chargers: I have a Battery Tender Plus, which is more of a trickle/float/maintenance type charger. It only puts out 1.25 amps. Is it pretty safe to say that I will need a charger that puts out more juice than this to do the installation flash? What amp rating should a charger have?
1.25 is not enough. I tired 2 and the battery almost died. My next setting is 10 which seemed fine.
__________________
2011 E92 335i Auto 0-60 = 3.66 | 12.0 @ 125MPH JB4 / 11.7 @ 120MPH E30 MHD
Sold
2014 E84 X1 35i 0-60 = 4.72 | 12.85 @ 107MPH 293 AWHP 305 AWTW When stock
VRSF Chargepipe | BMS Intake | JB4 ISO | VRSF 7" Intercooler | ER Turbo Outlet |
Appreciate 1
MHD Tuning1565.00

Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mhd, n55, tuning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST