E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $9 per quart Cast from? Say it isn't so.

08-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

$9 per quart Cast from? Say it isn't so.

So I drop in to check prices on oil for the 328 and discover the Euro oil is nearly $10 per quart. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

As I did some searching, I stumbled upon 5 quarts for $22 with free shipping on orders over $35. Well, I will do that twice on Sunday (because it was) and a third time at that. This is working like the Coca Cola prophecy. If you buy single bottles, prepare to pay out the nose thanks to packaging and taxes on them using plastic that often winds up in land fills. But, buy in bulk, for Coke it is 20 oz. versus 2 liter, and suddenly you are home free. Now if I only had a need for that 55 gallon drum deal.

One would think that spmeone pwuld have figured out how we could return the plastic jugs and they could be reused for the same product.
      08-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #2
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

FCP euro has lifetime warranty on everything (including oil). Buy it the first time, then return/exchange for new oil for every change thereafter.
      08-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
FCP euro has lifetime warranty on everything (including oil). Buy it the first time, then return/exchange for new oil for every change thereafter.
I saw that. But, am I paying for the return and if I am doing an oil change on a daily driver, then why not order enough to sit on it and not have to return it? Frankly, everyone doing as you suggested should wonder where the unused oil is going....as in whether they are well aware of it and are repackaging the unused oil.
      08-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

$9 a quart isn't expensive - at all. If even the FCP option is not good enough for you (at the sole expense of the first oil change purchase and the return shipping) then perhaps you should re-evaluate the car you've chosen to drive.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyphertext View Post
I saw that. But, am I paying for the return and if I am doing an oil change on a daily driver, then why not order enough to sit on it and not have to return it? Frankly, everyone doing as you suggested should wonder where the unused oil is going....as in whether they are well aware of it and are repackaging the unused oil.
They sell it for recycling. Engine oil is priced like alcohol at a restaurant. They are not loosing money by any stretch...
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
$9 a quart isn't expensive - at all. If even the FCP option is not good enough for you (at the sole expense of the first oil change purchase and the return shipping) then perhaps you should re-evaluate the car you've chosen to drive.
Heck, even some of the oil for my old van jumped in price. Love the car, looking for a second job to pay for future upkeep. Sadly, this forum is going to be the cause of many future expenditures....or rather, adventures.

I was more than happy to stock up.