E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lady hit my car going left while I was stopped *pic*

08-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

Lady hit my car going left while I was stopped *pic*

I was stopped at a stop sign waiting my turn when she turned too short. Admitted fault and I got her info.

Now, which bumper do I get? Do you think I'll get a new headlight? Both sides?

Thanks

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: Stock
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:46 PM   #2
unrulyteach
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbp6us View Post
I was stopped at a stop sign waiting my turn when she turned too short. Admitted fault and I got her info.

Thanks

I say stay with that bumper and u will get 1 new light maybe 2 if they are generous. No police report?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
I say stay with that bumper and u will get 1 new light maybe 2 if they are generous. No police report?
Yeah I'm leaning that way myself. I called the cops but they didn't pick up and would not show up if no injuries are reported.

I have 2 witnesses who gave me their information. Driver admitted fault, citing a fast car coming in the opposite direction, which she tried to beat.

2010 E90 335i M-Sport AT: Stock
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Doesn't look like any damage to passenger headlight, so they'll probably only pay for drivers side.

I'd try to get a new bumper, but stay with M-Sport style.

Pro-tip - if you're even remotely mechanically inclined, have insurance cut you a check directly rather than going through a body shop for all work. Source a headlight yourself from a junkyard/eBay and get a new bumper, swap is easy, then have new bumper painted by body shop of your choice. You'll be able to pocket a good chunk of change that way.
      08-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbp6us View Post

Thanks

Better be sure to file a report. If she files first and you don't have her recorded, ahe could refute all claims of fault and essentially blame you. Frankly, the fastest way to ensure an insurance company payout was taken away by many police departments by them telling folks to swap information, which never results in a ticket. That ticket was almost a guarantee of a payout with little to no challenge.

I was fortunate enough to get hit by an honorable Korean War veteran. on my way to a job. I was nice enough to hand deliver a copy of the report and assure them everything was fine, that the insurance companies would deal with it. His was impossible to refute.

My worst insurance company experience was the opposition tried to claim that had we not been there it wouldn't have happened, so we were 50% at fault. Um, no. I responded by telling them that my parents shared fault because they conceived me, their parents were at fault for conceiving them, and so on down the line. Our lawyer gave them the option to retract that statement and settle or we would triple the claim in front of the judge for contempt.
      08-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
CarlosAC
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Fathers' Day a few years ago, I was fourth in line at a light, a woman was behind me in a red Mustang. When the light changed to green, she just accelerated with car #1, before car #2 even moved; didn't even give me time to take my foot off the brake and ran into my rear bumper. She had landed at DFW airport about 30 minutes before already drunk - based on the airline receipts she had laying around, then had stopped at a liquor store and consumed a four-pack of wine before she hit me. Incredible.
She tried to back up and get away but she was blocked in by some couple who had been following her since the liquor store and been reporting via cell phone so the police could catch her weaving.
The policeman had to help her walk as she kept falling over from the booze. She was arrested on the spot for DWI and I got a police report, which is the key in my story. I contacted her insurance company for resolution and they told me she said she had been hit by me and there was no police report nor any word from her about being arrested. They got a little mouthy with me saying they weren't paying anything since it would be a question of her word versus mine.
I offered them a copy of the police report and although they took it, they said it meant nothing, so I told them I would be hiring a lawyer and suing them. They must have done some checking because they called back a little later and said there was a misunderstanding and they would take care of the repairs through their shop. "No, you're going through the place I choose and I want a rental, plus reimbursement for lost wages for the time I will spend looking for a repair shop." - OK.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
talisman311
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

I ordered a replacement bumper cover for my BSM e90 off ebay and it was an exact fit and color. I have a DA, so I polished it first, but a few years later and it's holding up as good as factory.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/paint_n_shi...72.m2749.l2754 is the vendor I used.