E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $9 per quart Cast from? Say it isn't so.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
6
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mo

iTrader: (0)

$9 per quart Cast from? Say it isn't so.

So I drop in to check prices on oil for the 328 and discover the Euro oil is nearly $10 per quart. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

As I did some searching, I stumbled upon 5 quarts for $22 with free shipping on orders over $35. Well, I will do that twice on Sunday (because it was) and a third time at that. This is working like the Coca Cola prophecy. If you buy single bottles, prepare to pay out the nose thanks to packaging and taxes on them using plastic that often winds up in land fills. But, buy in bulk, for Coke it is 20 oz. versus 2 liter, and suddenly you are home free. Now if I only had a need for that 55 gallon drum deal.

One would think that spmeone pwuld have figured out how we could return the plastic jugs and they could be reused for the same product.
__________________
if you didn't have fun, it wasn't difficult enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:15 AM   #2
fravel
Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
1556
Rep
2,456
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

FCP euro has lifetime warranty on everything (including oil). Buy it the first time, then return/exchange for new oil for every change thereafter.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
6
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
FCP euro has lifetime warranty on everything (including oil). Buy it the first time, then return/exchange for new oil for every change thereafter.
I saw that. But, am I paying for the return and if I am doing an oil change on a daily driver, then why not order enough to sit on it and not have to return it? Frankly, everyone doing as you suggested should wonder where the unused oil is going....as in whether they are well aware of it and are repackaging the unused oil.
__________________
if you didn't have fun, it wasn't difficult enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
2786
Rep
4,453
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT, '09 328i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (1)

$9 a quart isn't expensive - at all. If even the FCP option is not good enough for you (at the sole expense of the first oil change purchase and the return shipping) then perhaps you should re-evaluate the car you've chosen to drive.
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '09 328i 6MT Space Gray + Saddle Brown

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
3668
Rep
11,143
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyphertext View Post
I saw that. But, am I paying for the return and if I am doing an oil change on a daily driver, then why not order enough to sit on it and not have to return it? Frankly, everyone doing as you suggested should wonder where the unused oil is going....as in whether they are well aware of it and are repackaging the unused oil.
They sell it for recycling. Engine oil is priced like alcohol at a restaurant. They are not loosing money by any stretch...
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
6
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 09 328i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
$9 a quart isn't expensive - at all. If even the FCP option is not good enough for you (at the sole expense of the first oil change purchase and the return shipping) then perhaps you should re-evaluate the car you've chosen to drive.
Heck, even some of the oil for my old van jumped in price. Love the car, looking for a second job to pay for future upkeep. Sadly, this forum is going to be the cause of many future expenditures....or rather, adventures.

I was more than happy to stock up.
__________________
if you didn't have fun, it wasn't difficult enough.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST