E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

09-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #8075
lecafard
Rep
Drives: 135i

hi guys,

i've n55 stage 2+ 91 oct
what is the problem ?

old sparkplug
https://datazap.me/u/albert666/4-0?log=0&data=4-5-20

with news spark plug
https://datazap.me/u/albert666/new-s...=0&data=4-5-20

maybe Pressure converter ??
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #8076
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Are there any new or rumored updates that we can look forward to?!
      09-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #8077
scrllock
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeinBMW View Post

WiFi, coupled with the new app. New app should come out with iOS support.
Flex fuel for N55, DME control of port injection, anti-lag/NLS, on the fly map switching. Believe all of those have been discussed publicly at this point.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #8078
carguy138
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Throttle sensitivity sharpened to feel more like a real M car. Some really smart guys figured this out and posted the details in the N54 section. Really excited for this!

Basically BMW dumbed down the throttle sensitivity on the non Ms to feel more "luxurious". If you have a 6MT you can see the difference when reving the engine with the clutch pushed in. It's much faster/more responsive with the clutch in than out. One member (forget who) found out via logging with MHD that there was about a half second delay from pedal input until the throttle body started to react.

Last edited by carguy138; 09-11-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #8079
Hattat
Rep
Drives: 2010 740li

Hi all,

I am on the same boat with the ones switching from JB4 only to MHD flash without BEF. I am more than happy to switch to MHD. Now the question is do I need to swich from E30 mix map eveytime I ran out of E30 in my tank?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #8080
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post
Throttle sensitivity sharpened to feel more like a real M car. Some really smart guys figured this out and posted the details in the N54 section. Really excited for this!

Basically BMW dumbed down the throttle sensitivity on the non Ms to feel more "luxurious". If you have a 6MT you can see the difference when reving the engine with the clutch pushed in. It's much faster/more responsive with the clutch in than out. One member (forget who) found out via logging with MHD that there was about a half second delay from pedal input until the throttle body started to react.
Will this also be an impact on the AT or strictly the 6MT? I'd personally love to see a gauge sweep. That would be very cool! But i'd also love to see more tuning tweaks. Coming from Cobb, MHD has blown me away how much fun my car is now!
      09-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #8081
Jdub679
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy138 View Post

MT owner here. This would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #8082
carguy138
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Will this also be an impact on the AT or strictly the 6MT? I'd personally love to see a gauge sweep. That would be very cool! But i'd also love to see more tuning tweaks. Coming from Cobb, MHD has blown me away how much fun my car is now!
All models. Auto/DCT/Manual.

Manual is the easiest because one of the tables just gets zeroed out. The auto and DCT take a bit more to find the right combination and adjustment to torque request tables. Seems like some members figured out optimal settings already.

I may not be explaining it well but it's all in here.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1610143
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #8083
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevelyth View Post
I have dealt with over boosting on my car for over a year now and it's honestly so frustrating. I messaged MHD and they had twisted send me over a revised stage 2+ tune that was intended to fix my over boosting and in the email, they said the BMS intake I have is crap and I should uninstall it which I did.

I've taken logs of my car religiously and let it adapt and the tune he sent over fixed the overboost in 2nd gear but not 3rd or 4th. It's the worst in 4th as it just hits a ceiling of 23.1 PSI and holds it while only giving me about 40% throttle.
Here is a log of 2nd gear and 4th gear so you can see the STUPID amount of overboosting my car does in 4th
https://datazap.me/u/mbowie100/stage...og=0&data=3-13
Here is a log of 3rd gear 3000RPM to redline log
https://datazap.me/u/mbowie100/stage...og=0&data=3-13
Notice in 3rd less overboosting than in fourth but I still get throttle closures.
Twisted hasn't answered my email with logs for 4 days and I'm afraid they just don't want to deal with me . Does anyone have advice?
Thanks

just curious, but when did you end me logs? last email i have from you is August 29th in response to sending you a tweaked map. See attached screenshot. Also, just because i take some time to get back to people, doesn't mean i don't want to deal with it. You aren't the only person that is sending me emails. multiply your email correspondence by a couple hundred every other day so.

Between trying to keep up with the forums, and social media messages, development, and regular busy day to day. Its impossible to respond to everyone as soon as they send me something. i dont just deal with E-series, i deal with over a dozen different platforms regularly. Sorry. I'll try to send you something today or tomorrow. maybe try resending that email too.
Attached Images

justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #8084
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRigs View Post
Thoughts on these two logs?
I may have a bunch of timing corrections from the heat. It has been in the 80s and 90s here. I am more worried about the dip in my rail pressure.

https://datazap.me/u/nrigs/log-15645...og=0&data=3-13
https://datazap.me/u/nrigs/log-15645...og=1&data=3-13

Other notes:
Car has 105k miles
Coil packs never changed
Spark plugs changed around 50k miles
Boost solenoid never changed
HPFP never changed
MAF sensor never cleaned

reset adaptation for lambda sensor and regulation, and high pressure fuel system. and try again. rail pressure should not be dropping that much
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 1
NRigs38.00

09-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #8085
NRigs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
reset adaptation for lambda sensor and regulation, and high pressure fuel system. and try again. rail pressure should not be dropping that much
Thanks for the input. I have since changed the coil packs and spark plugs but I will log again after I reset those adaptations. It is also a bit cooler now, 60s-70s.
      09-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #8086
Hattat
Rep
Drives: 2010 740li

Hi Justin, any comments about these logs? I have several codes thrown as well.

https://datazap.me/u/hattat/log-1?log=0&data=3-11
https://datazap.me/u/hattat/log-2?log=0&data=3-12
https://datazap.me/u/hattat/log-3?log=0&data=3-12
https://datazap.me/u/hattat/log-4?log=0&data=3-12
Attached Images

Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #8087
Twisted Tuning
Rep

i believe i answered your email
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:45 PM   #8088
Sevelyth
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 BMW E92 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
just curious, but when did you end me logs? last email i have from you is August 29th in response to sending you a tweaked map. See attached screenshot. Also, just because i take some time to get back to people, doesn't mean i don't want to deal with it. You aren't the only person that is sending me emails. multiply your email correspondence by a couple hundred every other day so.

Between trying to keep up with the forums, and social media messages, development, and regular busy day to day. Its impossible to respond to everyone as soon as they send me something. i dont just deal with E-series, i deal with over a dozen different platforms regularly. Sorry. I'll try to send you something today or tomorrow. maybe try resending that email too.
I haven't been able to take any logs, I went up for Uni and left my car back in my hometown and havnet driven it in a month. When I get back I will take logs of the tweaked map that you sent me. Thank you Justin!

MHD Stage 2, XHP stage 3
Appreciate 0