E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dynamic Autowerks n54 turbos

Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #617
Glassreflectionsn54
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335 n54

Guys hey all! I ordered the stage 2+ 775rs ones and they're about to come this week sometime. I read all the pages I think.already on these turbos and they look very good. Are the 775rs ones are the revised latest version? That's what I thought it is. I'll be getting the install kit and install em myself with cousins and brothers. I have full fbo and stage 2 lpfp by fuel it. I was thinking to run e40 for now and be at 530 to 550 whp (that be amazing) and later get more fuel upgrades. I talked to the dynamic autowerks owner and he really stating to get better exhaust like vrsf 3.5 inch street version because our pipes are too tiny even if its straight pipe. Just giving heads up. I will have to cash out another 700 for that since I really want to hit 540 at least to the wheels on e40.

Last edited by Glassreflectionsn54; Yesterday at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #618
cgbimmer
2007 335xi
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi blue

so I don't have any rattle yet almost 4000,00 miles getting ready first oil change early being new turbos and I ordered valve cover .
but I will say with mity vac 1 turbo at 6 psi closed perfect and 1 was little higher 7.5 to be just as tight .
I sent 1 turbo back because the sleeve felt like was defective if you wiggled the rod you could see the pin going thru sleeve that is welded was not right did not rotate like it should like installer pressed in funny.. shawn was good I told him I would not install that on my car and sent me another one that had no play at all ..
thought it was a one off sounds like qc for whoever is inserting sleeves is not consistent.. wonder if he buys casings blank or pre done with sleeve and waste gate flapper.. everything was marked like they took there time but I would check when you FIRST GET TURBO BEFORE INSTALLING!
I am over shooting boost nothing to do with turbos though other than that no issues ..
Attached Images

2007 335xi mmp relocation inlets outlets.Vrsf 5'' stepped intercooler.stage 2 bucket lpfp.Mhd stage 2/2+ xhp stage 2 tranny flash.vrsf downpipes modified exhaust.ER charge pipe tial bov.Custom oil cooler..cic retrofit.koni shocks h@r sport spring staggered conti tir
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #619
4 Doors
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi (E90)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
This should have been posted once it started happening.
Anything else anyone wants to bring to the table?
Hoping for your sake these are rare occurrences.

Current: 2008 E90 335xi Sport
Past: 1996 E36 328i Sport (bought in 2007)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #620
Glassreflectionsn54
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Doors View Post
Hoping for your sake these are rare occurrences.
I hope as well. I would be very upset. But the owner Shawn seems very knowledgable and stand behind his product. Am sure it was just a rare occurence and can happen to any product. I know a guy that kept having issues with used pure stage 2 hight flow that stopped boosting after 3k of using them. Dont know how many miles the turbo had but he said it was pretty much new.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:30 AM   #621
NoGuru
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2002 Jeep Cherokee  [0.00]
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassreflectionsn54 View Post
Guys hey all! I ordered the stage 2+ 775rs ones and they're about to come this week sometime. I read all the pages I think.already on these turbos and they look very good. Are the 775rs ones are the revised latest version? That's what I thought it is. I'll be getting the install kit and install em myself with cousins and brothers. I have full fbo and stage 2 lpfp by fuel it. I was thinking to run e40 for now and be at 530 to 550 whp (that be amazing) and later get more fuel upgrades. I talked to the dynamic autowerks owner and he really stating to get better exhaust like vrsf 3.5 inch street version because our pipes are too tiny even if its straight pipe. Just giving heads up. I will have to cash out another 700 for that since I really want to hit 540 at least to the wheels on e40.
Shawn recommended the same thing, that I get a 3.5". Now, this might help, but I think more than anything it will change the tourqe curve to come in lower in the RPM's. I have no evidence of this, but just theory.

I might contact Magnaflow or someone that can assist in exhaust dynamics.
At least to see what is happening with the exhaust. I have some Vibrant resonators I need to get installed, and hopefully, get some logs before the car gets put away for winter.
2011 335is BQ Tune / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7.5" VRSF Race IC / Stage 2 bucketless / Motive Flex Fuel / Vwetish Diff Brace / 15mm spacers in rear /PR coils / Tires PSS 4S's / Relocation Inlets
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:18 AM   #622
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I have the VRSF 3.5 inch and can post logs for you guys hopefully this coming weekend. Will be interesting to see
      Today, 06:47 AM   #623
NoGuru
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2002 Jeep Cherokee  [0.00]
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC612 View Post
I have the VRSF 3.5 inch and can post logs for you guys hopefully this coming weekend. Will be interesting to see
That would be great! Do you have logs with the Turbos before the 3.5" was installed?
2011 335is BQ Tune / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7.5" VRSF Race IC / Stage 2 bucketless / Motive Flex Fuel / Vwetish Diff Brace / 15mm spacers in rear /PR coils / Tires PSS 4S's / Relocation Inlets
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:10 AM   #624
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC612 View Post
That would be great! Do you have logs with the Turbos before the 3.5" was installed?
I do but I do not believe we would be able to learn anything from them since the condition of the turbo system was so bad at that point. The boost profile was atrocious when I got my car last year. From 2-7k rpm car made boost starting at 0 and reaching 8 psi at redline with a perfectly straight linear increase in boost across rpm range with target at 18psi I mean it was a total joke. Car was so slow. Boost straight bleeding out the exhaust and when I removed my turbos and inspected them it confirmed my suspicion as well as the phenomenon.

Today, 05:57 PM   #625
blaster3500
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Seems like they come with the junk china wastegate parts that most chinafold setups come with. I will say do not settle for wastegate rattle. I have ZERO rattle with a set of quality twins.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:18 PM   #626
Glassreflectionsn54
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500 View Post
Seems like they come with the junk china wastegate parts that most chinafold setups come with. I will say do not settle for wastegate rattle. I have ZERO rattle with a set of quality twins.
Which ones you have? I just know some Ebay turbos that are not D.A. but a copy of DA and people love them and boosting 25 to 27 psi on the money runs and are at high 600s. I think that was a rare occasion. They have 3 year warrany. I dont think theh would get 3 year warranty of the turbos were bad
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:25 PM   #627
blaster3500
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Which ones you have? I just know some Ebay turbos that are not D.A. but a copy of DA and people love them and boosting 25 to 27 psi on the money runs and are at high 600s. I think that was a rare occasion. They have 3 year warrany. I dont think theh would get 3 year warranty of the turbos were bad
I have RB GFs, they have all billet WG parts. I would bet that the DA housings and wastegate parts are identical to eBay turbos but I could be wrong. Honestly people have had decent luck with eBay turbos so who knows. I believe I read in this thread that the stage 2 were assembled and balanced overseas and the stage 3 were balanced and assembled in the US.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:42 PM   #628
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500 View Post
Quote:
I have RB GFs, they have all billet WG parts. I would bet that the DA housings and wastegate parts are identical to eBay turbos but I could be wrong. Honestly people have had decent luck with eBay turbos so who knows. I believe I read in this thread that the stage 2 were assembled and balanced overseas and the stage 3 were balanced and assembled in the US.
You are correct. Curious if the 2's and the 3's have same wg or different. This is the 3
Attached Images