E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Blower Motor Recall Experience

03-10-2019, 05:36 AM   #111
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwnubie View Post
I finally got my blower motor wiring replaced on 2008 335xi. . But the air does not blow hard anymore. It doesn't blow any faster after middle point setting. I know I have a battery issue or IBS problem because clock and trip is always reset. Could the battery problem affect the blower motor speed? I will check my air filter but doubt it's that. Did BMW improperly wire the blower motor?
Is your climate control set to Auto? The blower speed settings are not as distinct in Auto.
If you manually set the air direction and blower speed, the increments are more noticeable.
Contact your dealer if this doesn't confirm a normally functioning blower controller
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #112
ifjd073
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Guys... May be a dumb question, but immediately after getting the recall work done my left fuel level sensor signal is gone. I am uncertain of exactly what they do to the wiring, but is there a chance that what they had to do could have resulted in this? I've not had an issue in 11 years of ownership and replaced the fuel sender/filter unit a year ago after it started leaking from microcracks on top. It just seems highly suspect...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #113
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

Just had the recall done on my 2010 E92 335i yesterday at my local dealer Reeves BMW. Service was great. Brought my ride in at 8:00AM and it was finished by 2:00PM. They had a courtesy driver take me to work and pick me up when it was done. Having no issues whatsoever after getting it back. Everything is working fine just as it has been before I brought it. The only other thing I had done is replace the wiper blades. Having so much rain lately here in not so sunny FL.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #114
ifjd073
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifjd073 View Post
Guys... May be a dumb question, but immediately after getting the recall work done my left fuel level sensor signal is gone. I am uncertain of exactly what they do to the wiring, but is there a chance that what they had to do could have resulted in this? I've not had an issue in 11 years of ownership and replaced the fuel sender/filter unit a year ago after it started leaking from microcracks on top. It just seems highly suspect...
FYI - it turned out that the dealership technician somehow bent over the pin that related to the fuel level sensor when they plugged the connector back into the junction box... Luckily my Indy got it fixed for $100. Now I get to try to have the dealership (who initially stated that their work would not have impacted this, and then would not return any calls or emails) reimburse me...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #115
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Quote:
FYI - it turned out that the dealership technician somehow bent over the pin that related to the fuel level sensor when they plugged the connector back into the junction box... Luckily my Indy got it fixed for $100. Now I get to try to have the dealership (who initially stated that their work would not have impacted this, and then would not return any calls or emails) reimburse me...
Which version of the recall did they do? Short or long harness? Only the long harness would go anywhere near the JBE.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #116
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

BMW of Manhattan did 2 repairs - blower motor and pcv valve. they are space constrained so it was finished in a day. im usually hesitant bringing my car to the dealer, i try to DIY everything, but it was a positive experience overall (nothing additional broken). I dont think they give a shit about shitty old cars, they need to pump out VOLUME.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 01:20 AM   #117
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Don't normally have my 335i serviced at my local dealer but just took it into have the blower wiring recall done. They also did the Takata air bag recall on it previously. Nothing against the dealer (I'm treated very well when I'm there and the coffee is free) but, of course, they charge too much for what they do.

Had them do an oil change and brake fluid and rear diff fluid change at the same time as well. $615 for the works; better than I thought it would be. They also tried to get me for a coolant change (already done twice w/the overflow tank and water pump replacements) and the cabin air filter (which I can easily do myself; still have an extra filter lying around) but I passed on that.

Thing is, that I already had the diff oil changed 4 years and only 10k miles ago. See: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=407

Totally forgot about that until I read my own "build thread" which reminded me of what I had already done to the car. Need to update that thread for additional suspension work that I've had done as well; all M3 control arms, M3 engine brace, M93 sway bar and Koni yellows up front (replacing Koni FSDs there; FSDs still on the rear).

Oh well, spent an extra $225 on the diff oil change that didn't need to be done but that was on me. Done so much to the car, I can't recall it all off hand.

Anyway, a side benefit of this visit to the dealer was that I got to drive a Tesla Model S as a loaner. They were out of BMW loaners and referred me (and others) to the local Enterprise location for a "free" rental BUT the rental was only good for a Camry class car. Not acceptable BUT I could upgrade for a few extra $'s if I liked. Only $10 more for a Camaro or Mustang BUT there was a Model S sitting out front and asked how much for that?

Only $40! So, I rented it and had a fine time driving it around while waiting for my 335i to get serviced but would I replace my 335i w/a Model S? No f*cking way!!!

The S I rented was similar to my 335i in that they are both black 4dr sedans but that's where the similarity ends. The Model S is faster than my 335i (even w/its Cobb tune) and handles well for a car its size (there was a suspension height adjustment available in this car; I set it to low) but the S is just too big for my taste (would have a hard time fitting in my garage), lacks "personality" (absolutely no sensory feedback) and I've got an EV already.

So, I'll stick w/my 335i, thank-you!

Last edited by SSW; 09-02-2019 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #118
SpeedBuggy
Comfortably Numb
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1/'13 X3/'06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i   [0.00]
Had mine replaced in July along with the PVC Heater recall, rather painless.
New Valve Heater and misc. bolts. In and out in about two hours along with an oil change, brake flush and replaced the belt/tensioner.
Appreciate 0