Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS Sensor Inactive

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-01-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Ryanmbrown410
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e93 09

TPMS Sensor Inactive

Hello all!

I have an 09 BMW 335i e93. I have had this thing sitting in storage for roughly 2 years. I just had some maintenance done to it. There was nothing wrong with the vehicle prior to putting it into storage. However, given the fact that I let this ride sit for 2 years, I obviously had to replace the battery get a set of new tires etc. After replacing the battery, the TPMS sensor came on. Additionally, the ‘service engine soon’ indicator was on for about a week after getting it back up and running on a regular basis. The SES light has gone off. That was just due to the battery being inactive for a while. However the TPMS indicator for the tires is still on. I’m wondering if this is due to the car being drained of all electricity or if it is a true faulty TPMS sensor in one of the tires. I tried to reset it but it just says ‘inactive’ when doing that. I don’t see any signs of corrosion and the car was kept in a heated garage while in storage. Anyone else ever experience this? Is it possible this indicator will go back to normal after getting my baby on the road for a little while or should I look into getting a potential faulty sensor taken care of a little more deeply at this point? Appreciate anyone’s time in providing a response!

Best regards,
Ryan
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Who knows...drive it around a while and find out.

Those things have batteries in them too ya know...could have gone dead as well.

You could also just code out TPMS altogether.
Appreciate 0