E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > seat airbags, seat occupancy sensor disable ?

02-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #89
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
Disconnect unnecessary airbags stick 2.2 ohm resistors in their connectors.
Ive seen videos on the 2.2 Resistors to take care of seat sensor issue.
Have you personally done this? If so please post a pic of finished product.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #90
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Will someone who has successfully Cleared the air bag codes please post a full DIY.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #91
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

BUmp
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #92
Joe@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillzE90 View Post
BUmp
Did you end up disconnecting airbag(s) and/or seatbelt sensors in the process of disconnecting the occ sensor?

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,
HERE for some of our feedback !

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #93
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Did you end up disconnecting airbag(s) and/or seatbelt sensors in the process of disconnecting the occ sensor?
Only thing I disconnected was OCC sensor on passenger seat
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 04:23 AM   #94
Riverdixon1992
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i se 2010

Garage List
2010 318i  [0.00]
2010 2010  [0.00]
I have swapped my grey seats for some black leather ones but there was a cable left vacant and now I have air bag light showing and seat occupancy showing on my e90 2010 model. An auto electrician has fitted some sort of resistor under the drivers seat and passenger seat but said he can't make head or tail of why they won't turn the lights off. And he doesn't have BMW coding. Please can someone help me I will pay top dollar for anyone in the U.K. To code out the seat occupancy mat or something just to turn the lights out on my dash so it will pass MOT. Someone pleeeeeaae help me
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #95
Joe@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdixon1992 View Post
I have swapped my grey seats for some black leather ones but there was a cable left vacant and now I have air bag light showing and seat occupancy showing on my e90 2010 model. An auto electrician has fitted some sort of resistor under the drivers seat and passenger seat but said he can't make head or tail of why they won't turn the lights off. And he doesn't have BMW coding. Please can someone help me I will pay top dollar for anyone in the U.K. To code out the seat occupancy mat or something just to turn the lights out on my dash so it will pass MOT. Someone pleeeeeaae help me
If you have a KDCAN cable, we can assist remotely.

E & F Series Worldwide Coding | DVD in Motion, PPK, Alpina and MORE! | Click HERE, HERE,
HERE for some of our feedback !

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #96
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
If you have a KDCAN cable, we can assist remotely.
I have KDCAN cable and NCS DUMMY and pro
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #97
Platonri
Registered
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 420xd grancoupe LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeroK View Post
Hello,

Finally I got mine disabled after spending 2 long nights trying to clear the 2 x ACSM2.C09 codes :
- 93C1 Seat occupancy detector, passenger
- 93C3 Seat occupancy detector, passenger

which caused the infamous and very annoying "Passenger Restraint System Malfunction" error on the Idrive/OBC on my E93 335i 03/2007.

I figured out the correct way to do it because disabling the 2 x OC3 parameters, unplugging the 3 x wires Plug under the passenger seat and clearing the error memory with Inpa didn't clear out the errors.

I spent some time disabling other parameters and testing till I got it done at the end, The Passenger Seat Belt Sensor and Seat Belt warning also have to be disabled in order to clear out the error.

I have attached a photo from my Airbag/ACSM2.C09 ECU after having the errors cleared, with all the needed parameters to be Disabled,
Hopefully this will help someone fix this very annoying error too.

Cheers
Rogero.
Thank you Rogero, done that, no more errors in my wife's 118d 2007. Great post.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:16 AM   #98
Molec
Rep
Drives: e90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeroK View Post
Hello,

Finally I got mine disabled after spending 2 long nights trying to clear the 2 x ACSM2.C09 codes :
- 93C1 Seat occupancy detector, passenger
- 93C3 Seat occupancy detector, passenger

which caused the infamous and very annoying "Passenger Restraint System Malfunction" error on the Idrive/OBC on my E93 335i 03/2007.

I figured out the correct way to do it because disabling the 2 x OC3 parameters, unplugging the 3 x wires Plug under the passenger seat and clearing the error memory with Inpa didn't clear out the errors.

I spent some time disabling other parameters and testing till I got it done at the end, The Passenger Seat Belt Sensor and Seat Belt warning also have to be disabled in order to clear out the error.

I have attached a photo from my Airbag/ACSM2.C09 ECU after having the errors cleared, with all the needed parameters to be Disabled,
Hopefully this will help someone fix this very annoying error too.

Cheers
Rogero.
I just turned the damn thing off on my e90 335d 9/2007 Euro spec, worked perfectly! Thank you!

Short recap for anyone that's about to do this:

1. Code it out with NCS Expert by setting all the parameters stated in the image above to nicht_active
2. Disconnect the little 3pin connector under the passenger seat and tuck it in somewhere so it won't hang about
3. Read errors and clear them with INPA
4. Have a beer, you're done!
Appreciate 0