E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2011 e92 335i xDrive lowering springs

03-07-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
jimmychanga
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 e92 335i xDrive lowering springs

Lowering springs on xi's, looking for recommendations as well as pictures of your setups to get an idea of how low it sits / what the fitment is like.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmychanga View Post
Lowering springs on xi's, looking for recommendations as well as pictures of your setups to get an idea of how low it sits / what the fitment is like.

Thanks guys!
There are a number of threads just below that cover a variety of setups on XIs. The most popular seems to be Bilstein/Eibachs. There are images in that thread of the drop.

Note that XI OEM springs are very stiff, more stiff than most all other BMW OEM springs. The Eibachs are actually a tad softer, so if you did go that route you should expect more comfort than sport compared to OEM. I'm personally going with Koni Yellows and stock springs since I winter drive the car, and if i want to lower it, the yellows can be used for that too.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
JustinTS
Lurker
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Interested in seeing more pics as well. I've been through every thread at least 3 times, these are my findings:

-Some Eibach drops (2092.140) look great, some have too much reverse rake. Ideally, I want to go eibach for comfort/not slammed, but I'm worried the front will sit a bit too high
-It seems to be less noticeable on E90's
-H&R slams the rear a bit too much for my taste, worst reverse rake IMHO
-B&G S2 is a bit too low for me but looks pretty good and even
-Vogtland is likely what I'm going to try as it drops the front a bit lower than the Eibachs, but there is little empirical evidence on comfort/spring rates.

-You SHOULD pair them with sport dampers and e36 bump stops in the front

... so much more complicated than my RWD 335i :'(
Appreciate 0