E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > N53 Remap + 3 stage mainfold upgrade

04-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #45
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

Just an update guys, my car is going in for a dyno run at AMD next Saturday so i will post some figures, should be interesting to see what the mosselman tune achieves along with air filter, high flow exhaust and secondary cat delete.

I know that the mosselman tune from mstyle is expensive but it is well worth it, completely transforms the car and you can feel the manifold playing its part through the rev range. Iv never felt such a difference in a car through a remap, it just turns it into a complete beast.

Marc mine has started to use more and more oil as its millage increases. I usually have to do 1ltr every 5-10k miles of spirited driving atm, but that's a straight 6 BMW for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #46
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
Presumably worth a decoke when the manifold is off.. or do the naturally aspirated DI engines not suffer so much with the inlets coking..
Having checked mine it was definitely worth walnut blasting... Its on my job list todo

I have a video of the black grunge that lines each of the valves.. must upload it at some point..

Also found a minor leak on the rocker cover gasket...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #47
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Mine made 213BHP with the 3 stage manifold fitted and 275 BHP after remap on the same RR on the same day with same ambient temps.

The 3 stage manifold prior to remap made the mid range throttle response feel nicer otherwise the car performed fine and I had no issues.

The car is night and day different to drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #48
angry_feet
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 MSport

Where did you get the map done Will?

Mine only made 252BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Mine made 213BHP with the 3 stage manifold fitted and 275 BHP after remap on the same RR on the same day with same ambient temps.

The 3 stage manifold prior to remap made the mid range throttle response feel nicer otherwise the car performed fine and I had no issues.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 02:32 AM   #49
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_feet View Post
Where did you get the map done Will?

Mine only made 252BHP.
Gareth @ Maptech

http://map-tech.co.uk

A 325i N53 should make 250-260BHP without the 3 stage manifold.

What was your before map number?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #50
angry_feet
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 MSport

Quote:
Gareth @ Maptech

http://map-tech.co.uk

A 325i N53 should make 250-260BHP without the 3 stage manifold.

What was your before map number?
I didnt do a before map. I installed the mosselman map for the 3 stage intake tune but iv got a few bad injectors and black smoke so i think it may be related to that as i see a while ago someone had a n53 remap but was only getting 220bhp and it was related to injectors. Just wish i could find the thread again to double check.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #51
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

This will have a huge impact! there are some good threads covering this...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #52
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_feet View Post
I didnt do a before map. I installed the mosselman map for the 3 stage intake tune but iv got a few bad injectors and black smoke so i think it may be related to that as i see a while ago someone had a n53 remap but was only getting 220bhp and it was related to injectors. Just wish i could find the thread again to double check.
This will have a huge impact! there are some good threads covering this...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #53
84Reasons
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N54 Montego Blue

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Hi Will, how long did you run the 3 stage manifold before mapping? And did you have any issues whilst running the 3 stage manifold without the map? I have the 3 stage manifold installed at the moment but need to fix a Nox sensor before I get the map, and want to make sure I'm okay running the 3 stage manifold so I don't mess the car up!

Cheers,

H
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 03:54 AM   #54
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Reasons View Post
Hi Will, how long did you run the 3 stage manifold before mapping? And did you have any issues whilst running the 3 stage manifold without the map? I have the 3 stage manifold installed at the moment but need to fix a Nox sensor before I get the map, and want to make sure I'm okay running the 3 stage manifold so I don't mess the car up!

Cheers,

H
3 years ago
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #55
4foothill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI

Quote:

Cheers,

H
From what I can remember from my research, it will run ok without the tune but the disa valves won't open at the right time and you won't gain much. I can't imagine it will do any damage though, the manifold would just be running at less optimal runner lengths.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #56
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,

H
Car will run fine with the manifold fitted unmapped... I ran it for 1 day and about 300 miles before mapping.

If you check INPA you will see that the DISA valve operating even without mapping. I do not believe mapping has any effect on DISA operations based on my limited experience on my car
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #57
84Reasons
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Car will run fine with the manifold fitted unmapped... I ran it for 1 day and about 300 miles before mapping.

If you check INPA you will see that the DISA valve operating even without mapping. I do not believe mapping has any effect on DISA operations based on my limited experience on my car
Brilliant.

I can confirm it runs fine now as after your message I ran it for over a month without the tune!

I have now had the tune and have noticed a massive difference! I'm wondering if anyone has tested the 0-60 of one with the remap to see if it is close to 330 times? I'm going on the dyno soon (just been delayed after 2nd lockdown) but haven't got the gear to test 0-60s, and I've heard the GPS app ones are quite inaccurate!

Cheers,

H
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #58
Reiver
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 330i

Here's a question you guys seemed to have overlooked - why not just buy a 335 in the first place?

I mean it's 306hp straight out of the box with lots more torque (right where you need it too) and, being a turbo, has loads more potential to unlock (if you really must). Insurance will be straightforward too.

You'll save money and have a sellable asset when you decide to move it on.

Of course the elephant in the room is, what are you going to do with all this extra power? Traffic clogged roads and speed cameras on every bit of straight road kinda limit the opportunity to exploit what you have, never mind more power to play with.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #59
4foothill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
Here's a question you guys seemed to have overlooked - why not just buy a 335 in the first place?

I mean it's 306hp straight out of the box with lots more torque (right where you need it too) and, being a turbo, has loads more potential to unlock (if you really must). Insurance will be straightforward too.

Of course the elephant in the room is, what are you going to do with all this extra power? Traffic clogged roads and speed cameras on every bit of straight road kinda limit the opportunity to exploit what you have, never mind more power to play with.
Fuck. Never thought of that.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #60
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

Insurance and tax are vastly different- I have e91 325i and e90 335i also.. they are very different cars in many respects.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #61
84Reasons
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Speaking to maptech now will to get this done. Do you have the before and after Dyno graphs? Cheers, H
Appreciate 0