E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Weitec coilovers, best offer in Europe?

07-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i wagon, Pure Stage 2+PI...

Garage List
Weitec coilovers, best offer in Europe?

About to pull the trigger on a set of Weitec coilovers for my FBO 335i E91 -07and wan't to know which vendor in Europe who gives the best quote.

Google, check... But I could easily have missed a few good deals on my own so I wan't your opinion as well.

Cheers,
OB
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB View Post
About to pull the trigger on a set of Weitec coilovers for my FBO 335i E91 -07and wan't to know which vendor in Europe who gives the best quote.

Google, check... But I could easily have missed a few good deals on my own so I wan't your opinion as well.

Cheers,
OB
Have you consider Eibach Pro Street S coilover? or Bilstein B14 (only height adjustable) . As these two price fairly similar to weitec but with stainless steel bodies, iirc. Eibach ones are made by KW as well, fairly similar to V1 Inox i think.

http://www.baanvelgen.com/bilstein-b14-pss-1.html

Sorry OP, haven't directly answer your questions, I think Germany ebay may be a good starting point to look at.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the reply Tak. I haven't had a look at B14, thought it were quite a bit more expensive (only seem to differ +£100), gonna look around for that as well. Ain't that interested in Eibach, but thanks for the sug.

Have you made up your own mind about susp?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Tak. I haven't had a look at B14, thought it were quite a bit more expensive (only seem to differ +£100), gonna look around for that as well. Ain't that interested in Eibach, but thanks for the sug.

Have you made up your own mind about susp?
I have gone for the Eibach ones, just looking on real OEM at the minute to look for some OEM mounts, bolts...etc for fitting
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post
I have gone for the Eibach ones, just looking on real OEM at the minute to look for some OEM mounts, bolts...etc for fitting
Cool, what was it that made up your mind to go with Eibach? Found B14 for a pretty nice price in Germany, waiting on a reply from the seller before I go ahead and make my order. Gonna be awesome!

Prob gonna get some cf splitters, If you have seen any good please let me know
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cool, what was it that made up your mind to go with Eibach? Found B14 for a pretty nice price in Germany, waiting on a reply from the seller before I go ahead and make my order. Gonna be awesome!

Prob gonna get some cf splitters, If you have seen any good please let me know
Great stuff, I would have bought the weitec if their price is more competitive like the ST coilovers in the US, however its not a similar case in the Europe.

Yeah, the eibach is made by KW anyway, and I think they made springs for KW, they just look like V1 in many way, and price is similar to weitec but got stainless steel body, and I got them in pretty good price, from germany as well

I do want some cf splitters, will keep an eye on it, or keep me update if you found any
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Me too.

Gonna lock sick on our wagons
I just placed my order, Bilstein B14 PSS, from Germany

Must keep each other up to date onwards!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Me too.

Gonna lock sick on our wagons
I just placed my order, Bilstein B14 PSS, from Germany

Must keep each other up to date onwards!
Did you get these in the end?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Did you get these in the end?
Sure did, Bilstein PSS. Gonna get the rear performance diffuser on and then put up some pics of the car
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sure did, Bilstein PSS. Gonna get the rear performance diffuser on and then put up some pics of the car
I would really appreciate it if you could do a review on them! I'm currently organising a group buy for the b14s, but there are hardly any reviews

What's the ride like?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would really appreciate it if you could do a review on them! I'm currently organising a group buy for the b14s, but there are hardly any reviews

What's the ride like?
Don't have any other after market coils to compare with really. But my impression is that it handles really well on my 335, not that harsh when going over small bumps compared to OEM M-sport. Bought them from this company: http://www.tiefenwerk.com, got them for EUR 890+shipping (only EUR 20 for shipping to Sweden). Installation took about 4h and they are set on maximum height both front and rear - and it's really low if you ask me (occasional rub in the rear even though I have rolled fenders due to meaty tires). You can ask any questions you'd like and I'll do my best to answer, but a detailed review of all aspects without the right questions being asked prob not gonna happen
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks

Compared to m sport, is it generally a more comfy ride, or more hard? How much more? Would you say they are ok for a daily driver?

When you drive over bumps/potholes, how well do they damp?

I won't ask much about the performance side of things, as i'm sure they are brilliant.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks

Compared to m sport, is it generally a more comfy ride, or more hard? How much more? Would you say they are ok for a daily driver?

When you drive over bumps/potholes, how well do they damp?

I won't ask much about the performance side of things, as i'm sure they are brilliant.
No worries I think that they are a bit more stiff than m sport but still comfy enough, not a big difference regarding that aspect. They are more than ok for a dd - my e91 is just that and I love how it handles in daily situations and the looks of it.

On highway bumps it feels excellent, doesn't hurt up the arse For larger bumps in the city I have to drive really slow since it's that low to avoid rubbing - it's def not poor dampening, just my wheel and tire setup (19x9,5" on 275/30/19).
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers, that really helps

I have been concerned that the ride would be overly harsh, but from what you have said it should be ok.

I have the same tyre set up on the rear, so i'll take it easy. Might roll the fenders if needed.

How easy is it to adjust the ride height?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cheers, that really helps

I have been concerned that the ride would be overly harsh, but from what you have said it should be ok.

I have the same tyre set up on the rear, so i'll take it easy. Might roll the fenders if needed.

How easy is it to adjust the ride height?
Glad to be at you service I did give it some extra thought when driving to work this morning since we're discussing it... it's def. not harsh and irregularities on the road felt pretty comfy, and larger speed bumps were taken nicely in a speed of 15km/h.

Mkay, what ET do you have in the rear? Prop didn't have to roll my fenders if I would have kept a higher offset (went with spacers).

In the front it's easy (appr. 20-30 min from start to finish I suppose), the back not so much. The rear adjustment is prop just a pain for the E91. If it's easy to adjust the rear ride height on E92 for other coils then it will be fine with B14's as well. For me it's really no concern since I don't adjust the height during the year - it's low all year round. Just go down to 18" wheels for the winter and some smaller tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah i suppose i'll be the same, just set the ride once and leave it.

My fronts are ET40 with a 7mm spacer. Rears are ET46 with a 12mm spacer. (Not sure how the spacer affects the offset).

On my current m sport suspension, the rear is quite unpredictable and twitchy. Does your car now still "skip" accross when you're cornering over uneven surfaces?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #17
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah i suppose i'll be the same, just set the ride once and leave it.

My fronts are ET40 with a 7mm spacer. Rears are ET46 with a 12mm spacer. (Not sure how the spacer affects the offset).

On my current m sport suspension, the rear is quite unpredictable and twitchy. Does your car now still "skip" accross when you're cornering over uneven surfaces?
Then you'll prop be good without a roll, appr ET35 is standard recommendation for the aftermarket wheels in that size. Talking in general you could almost subtract the added spacer width from original ET --> your front ET33 and rear ET34.
I have ET35 in front and 25 in the back.

Don't think the rear is bad at all, but don't remember that I thought my m sport was bad in that aspect either. I think it's almost impossible not to make it skip a little when going WOT in 2nd gear on uneven surfaces. Could differ a bit between E91 and E92 perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #18
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for all the advice, you've helped make my mind up

Any pics of your car?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #19
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice, you've helped make my mind up

Any pics of your car?

what price quote did you get on your group buy?

prob going to post a build thread in about a month, have one more thing to fit (rear oem perf diffuser). if you want to see how the ride height looks maybe I can snap a few pics this weekend
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #20
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

what price quote did you get on your group buy?

prob going to post a build thread in about a month, have one more thing to fit (rear oem perf diffuser). if you want to see how the ride height looks maybe I can snap a few pics this weekend
Yeah that would be great if you could!

We have got a price of £657 shipped to the UK, for 5 units, from a German retailer. I am also waiting to hear from Bilstein UK, they said they might be able to do a similar deal through one of their UK dealers, which would make any warranty claims slightly easier.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
OB
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
I'll do my best to manage that this weekend

Damn, that's a really sweet price. Hope it works out
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #22
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB
I'll do my best to manage that this weekend

Damn, that's a really sweet price. Hope it works out
Cheers, yes it's a really attractive price (in pounds).

I can't wait to get it now!
Appreciate 0