E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Drunk drivers = scum

05-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Drunk drivers = scum

This POS was weaving so badly through traffic that he nearly sideswiped 3 cars and came within an inch or two of rear ending someone else. Then he sat at a green light for almost a minute (fell asleep?) and took off weaving so badly that he went over the curb and half onto the sidewalk twice.

I called LAPD and gave them a description of the car and the driver, I hope they beat that ass. This was on Highland Ave. all the way from Wilshire to north of Melrose.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
I hate that shit...I saw this guy once complete jump a curb and became air born. He slide within a few feet of running into a Pizza Hut. I seriously would of gotten hit by him if I didn't decided to go inside the store next door.

By the way, holy hood bulge
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
holy hood bulge
he is happy to see you.
      05-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
he is happy to see you.
I'm happy to see him.

(no homo)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: everywhere

I dunno where i read it, but I remember somebody else called the popo on a drunk driver and he said they never sent anybody. I cant remember if they told him that they wouldnt do anything, or if he followed the drunk driver and he never saw a cop or something.

It's pathetic.

Good for you for calling the cops though, hopefully they did decide to act on it.
      05-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Fucking idiots. Instead of a driving age limit and a drinking age limit they need IQ limits. That would solve everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post

I don't mean to sound rude or offensive towards Police Officers; but don't the old-school popo drive undercover, dark-tint, Taurus' ?
      05-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Fucking idiots. Instead of a driving age limit and a drinking age limit they need IQ limits. That would solve everything.
Brilliance. Jeremy Clarkson thinks the same thing, and I truly believe it should be mandatory. I fail to see why the ADHD black bitch who almost crashed into me the other day should be allowed to drive a 3 ton colossal mass of metal at 100 feet a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXYone View Post
I don't mean to sound rude or offensive towards Police Officers; but don't the old-school popo drive undercover, dark-tint, Taurus' ?
Hahaha, I don't think they would drive like that, or let it attain that state of repair (although it could add to the whole undercover bit). And correct me if im wrong, but i believe they still have special license plates.
      05-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep View Post
Brilliance. Jeremy Clarkson thinks the same thing, and I truly believe it should be mandatory. I fail to see why the ADHD black bitch who almost crashed into me the other day should be allowed to drive a 3 ton colossal mass of metal at 100 feet a second.

Hahaha, I don't think they would drive like that, or let it attain that state of repair (although it could add to the whole undercover bit). And correct me if im wrong, but i believe they still have special license plates.
Who knows... They drive trucks here in Georgia with shotgun shelves in the back window. A taurus would be a step-up!
      05-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

The driver of that car was definitely not a cop unless he was undercover as handyman - the driver was wearing a blue shirt and baseball cap like a mechanic or repairman wears.

The dispatcher said he was going to put out an APB on the car as well as run the plates - he did sound pretty concerned when I told him the car had gone up onto the sidewalk. That is a very busy/crowded area and he was heading straight toward Hollywood and Highland, where the sidewalks are filled with pedestrian tourists.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep

It was a joke
      05-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Synergy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92

if you spot a drunk driver, are you supposed to call the cops and let them deal with it? or is it wise to call the cops and follow the driver?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Brilliance. Jeremy Clarkson thinks the same thing, and I truly believe it should be mandatory. I fail to see why the ADHD black bitch who almost crashed into me the other day should be allowed to drive a 3 ton colossal mass of metal at 100 feet a second.plates.
Dude, I've had some stupid bitch, i think it was the same bitch, run me off the road on an on-ramp. The two lanes merge to one. Everyone one was doing the one car next car blend and this bitch ran up on me and almost hit me. Two seperate occasions.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
if you spot a drunk driver, are you supposed to call the cops and let them deal with it? or is it wise to call the cops and follow the driver?
I've only ever reported drunk drivers twice in my life, including yesterday. On both occasions they were driving so badly that there was a good chance of them causing a wreck or hitting a pedestrian at any moment.

I thought about following him but I decided to pull over for a couple of reasons - first I didn't have my earpiece around and I didn't want to drive one-handed while talking to the cops, watching traffic, and watching the drunk.

The other reason is because I'm pretty sure the drunk noticed me taking a picture of his license plate. If he saw me on the phone and then tried to run and ended up causing a crash, I'd feel partly responsible for it. Also, for all I knew the guy had a gun in the car - he obviously didn't give a shit about killing people based on how he was driving so he might have tried to use it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Question: if you suspect a drunk driver, would you actually call the cops? I mean I would probably do so to help prevent a tragic accident. On the other hand, it's gonna screw up the driver- especially if he/she is not drunk but has drugs or what not in their car. It's the case of "screw one and save others".
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

How is it screwing anyone? That's like saying calling the cops on someone waving a gun around at a crowd is screwing them. If I saw someone that wasted driving a car and didn't call the cops only to later see on the news they killed someone, I'd have a hard time living with that. Not to mention the father of a friend of mine was killed by a drunk.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #17
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Dude, I've had some stupid bitch, i think it was the same bitch, run me off the road on an on-ramp. The two lanes merge to one. Everyone one was doing the one car next car blend and this bitch ran up on me and almost hit me. Two seperate occasions.
Ugh, thats just fucking annoying. And these people are allowed to drive...

Although it would be very slightly funny if it was the same bitch both times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Question: if you suspect a drunk driver, would you actually call the cops? I mean I would probably do so to help prevent a tragic accident. On the other hand, it's gonna screw up the driver- especially if he/she is not drunk but has drugs or what not in their car. It's the case of "screw one and save others".
Theres already been a thread like this where the OP was flamed for not reporting a drunk driver

You're putting more value on some persons drugs over the life of another person? I suggest you take a step back and examine that for a long time and find why that is HUGELY wrong. You need to sort out your priorities.
      05-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Well if you know for sure they are drunk then yes, calling the cops is the right thing to do. However, if they are not drunk but ended up getting search and get their ass hauled off to jail (found drugs, etc.) then I would feel guilty. Of course you would never hear about it but still...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Theres already been a thread like this where the OP was flamed for not reporting a drunk driver

You're putting more value on some persons drugs over the life of another person? I suggest you take a step back and examine that for a long time and find why that is HUGELY wrong. You need to sort out your priorities.
Of course a life is more important since you don't exactly get a second chance. I was just asking a simple question for the sake of another point of view (for lack of better words).
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well if you know for sure they are drunk then yes, calling the cops is the right thing to do. However, if they are not drunk but ended up getting search and get their ass hauled off to jail (found drugs, etc.) then I would feel guilty. Of course you would never hear about it but still...
Why would you feel guilty about doing a service to the community?
Quote:
Of course a life is more important since you don't exactly get a second chance. I was just asking a simple question for the sake of another point of view (for lack of better words).
Oh, it didn't come across that way. Sorry.
      05-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #21
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Would you believe before even reading the post, knowing where he lives, just looking at the photo, I knew exactly where he was driving?

I drove up and down Highland avenue for a 5 year period many moons ago...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Would you believe before even reading the post, knowing where he lives, just looking at the photo, I knew exactly where he was driving?

I drove up and down Highland avenue for a 5 year period many moons ago...
Maybe that was you driving a POS so no one would recognize you! Haha!!! I caught you!!!
Appreciate 0