E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > cingular question???(help)

10-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
romeo26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 325 (no lette)

cingular question???(help)

well iam thinkin of gettin a new phone the sony w800 and was wondering how good will the phone be reception wise will be in the us? i heard cingular uses gsm850 and gsm1900 but the phone only has gsm1900. so again how good will the reception be?

i want to get an unlocked phone.

btw
i know cingular has the rokr but i dont want that phone i need a decent cammera for my bio labs. i dont want to carry 3 divices at one time so this phone is the rite on for me.
i also dont want to switch to tmobile ether.
thanks for the help
romeo26
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
330iBMWguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i - On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo26
well iam thinkin of gettin a new phone the sony w800 and was wondering how good will the phone be reception wise will be in the us? i heard cingular uses gsm850 and gsm1900 but the phone only has gsm1900. so again how good will the reception be?

i want to get an unlocked phone.

btw
i know cingular has the rokr but i dont want that phone i need a decent cammera for my bio labs. i dont want to carry 3 divices at one time so this phone is the rite on for me.
i also dont want to switch to tmobile ether.
thanks for the help
romeo26
It really depends on what Cingular uses in your area. If it's 850 only, then you will not get any signal. You might have better luck asking this question at www.howardforums.com