E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone around the Tri-cities area

10-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #89
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 328i E90

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forum. I live in the tri cities area. Just got my 07 328i a couple months ago.

I've only read the last few posts of this thread. A couple of them talkin about BMW of tri cities. I haven't actually been there to get any service done yet, but I have called them with questions a couple times and honestly they didn't really seem to know what they were talking about. Made kind of a bad impression I guess. From what you guys are saying, maybe I should give them another shot.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #90
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Hey, I'm pretty new to the forum. I live in the tri cities area. Just got my 07 328i a couple months ago.

I've only read the last few posts of this thread. A couple of them talkin about BMW of tri cities. I haven't actually been there to get any service done yet, but I have called them with questions a couple times and honestly they didn't really seem to know what they were talking about. Made kind of a bad impression I guess. From what you guys are saying, maybe I should give them another shot.
Welcome to the forum. when you call you are most likely getting a service advisor not one of the techs. The forum is a good place to post some of those questions. For the most part the techs there are young and dont have alot of years on the BMW platform. The two techs that came from Yakima have the most time on the E90. Another thing to consider. They arent in a hurry to answer questions on the phone. They cant charge you for that
      10-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #91
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma 3 View Post
Welcome to the forum. when you call you are most likely getting a service advisor not one of the techs. The forum is a good place to post some of those questions. For the most part the techs there are young and dont have alot of years on the BMW platform. The two techs that came from Yakima have the most time on the E90. Another thing to consider. They arent in a hurry to answer questions on the phone. They cant charge you for that
That's true. Gotta get their $105/hr. I actually stopped by there today. Still pretty unhelpful, but I was only talking to the service advisor guy at the front desk who has only been with BMW for 6 months. I did get a nice discount on some wiper blades though. Only cost me about 68 bucks rather than the full 80.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #92
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

Welcome aboard. This forum is a great place to ask questions, find answers, do research, and just have a good laugh.

We were also at the dealership this morning getting my wife her BMW bear and leather key holder for her new X3.

Like Sigma 3 said, you probably talked to one of the service advisors, not the techs. The interactions I've had with the SA have been great, but I haven't really dealt with the techs. I learned long ago with other cars that I can't just call the service department to have a problem diagnosed since what I'm describing could be a symptom of just about anything. My advice would be to either make an appointment or just stop by to see if they can check it out on the spot.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #93
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
Welcome aboard. This forum is a great place to ask questions, find answers, do research, and just have a good laugh.

We were also at the dealership this morning getting my wife her BMW bear and leather key holder for her new X3.

Like Sigma 3 said, you probably talked to one of the service advisors, not the techs. The interactions I've had with the SA have been great, but I haven't really dealt with the techs. I learned long ago with other cars that I can't just call the service department to have a problem diagnosed since what I'm describing could be a symptom of just about anything. My advice would be to either make an appointment or just stop by to see if they can check it out on the spot.
I saw you there. Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to make an appointment and bring it in. I think I need them to reprogram my tpms module. It won't let me reset it. I scroll to it in the BC, click it, click and hold to try and reset it, but nothing happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #94
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I saw you there. Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to make an appointment and bring it in. I think I need them to reprogram my tpms module. It won't let me reset it. I scroll to it in the BC, click it, click and hold to try and reset it, but nothing happens.
My TPMS is doing the same thing. They cleared it,but it came back
Gl
      10-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #95
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Give Curtis Messer a call at Messer Motoren Werke. We had the same problem with our 330i and he got it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #96
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
Give Curtis Messer a call at Messer Motoren Werke. We had the same problem with our 330i and he got it fixed.
I was actually at the dealer yesterday seeing if they could get it sorted out when I read your comment. Apparently I have some faulty steering control part that is somehow setting off the tpms light. This part costs well over $600 and then they'd want nearly $400 in labor. Over a thousand bucks to get rid of a little orange light on the dash, no thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #97
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Maybe I'll have to see if Curtis Messer has a different solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #98
Dean181325ci
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw 325ci black on black

2005 black on black

I have a 2005 BMW 325ci.
It has black rims, as well as 5% tint around the whole vehicle including front windshield.
I would be up for a drive for sure if there is interest I live over in Pasco off 68 so meeting at the wall-mart or something and then we could take a drive. I know there are drives every 2nd sat of the month, but I like to go on cruises more then just once a month.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #99
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Welcome to the board. I think there should be more drives organizes for this side of the state. There are a few folks in the BMWCCA who try to organize drives, which have been quite a lot of fun. But, with winter coming it might be more difficult since folks either store their cars or start running with their winter setups which aren't good for spirited driving. We've always had a good turnout for the March/April drives, though.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #100
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean181325ci View Post
I have a 2005 BMW 325ci.
It has black rims, as well as 5% tint around the whole vehicle including front windshield.
I would be up for a drive for sure if there is interest I live over in Pasco off 68 so meeting at the wall-mart or something and then we could take a drive. I know there are drives every 2nd sat of the month, but I like to go on cruises more then just once a month.
WELCOME! I Keep checking this thread, but as stated prob not much in the way of drives until spring. Maybe a get together before it snows.
      10-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #101
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm game for a get together, now that it's cold as hell and there's nothing else to do around here.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #102
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i M-sport

I am down for a meet as well. Maybe we can help Sigma get some of tha damn stuff on his car rather than sitting in his garage.....motivation baby!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #103
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

I think that's a great idea. It's always fun helping disassemble, err, I mean modify a ride.

Last edited by BMW003E; 10-28-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #104
Dean181325ci
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw 325ci black on black

I would want to do a drive this week or weekend

There are some cool back roads which i am sure that most people have been on going through Yakima, I took those roads when i was part of the Porsche club here in the TRI. So maybe if a group of you guys want to go then we could plan a trip to take a drive and maybe end up eating at miners or something in yakima. Either way keep me posted My cell number is 509-551-6339, and my name is Zak so if your interested and your car is not parked for the winter lets make this happen..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #105
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealot72 View Post
I am down for a meet as well. Maybe we can help Sigma get some of tha damn stuff on his car rather than sitting in his garage.....motivation baby!

Its in the shop. Aparrently hard cornering causes the sub frame to flex( who would have thunk it? Not BMW) and my power stearing pulley actually made contact with the sub frame. Messsed up a bunch of stuff. BMW thought is was bad enough to notch the sub frame on newr models, BUt not bad enough to cover it under CPO . Delvin is trying to get it covered because they have to take off the whole front of my car. Maybe they will install my intercooler and down pipes
      11-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #106
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Its in the shop. Aparrently hard cornering causes the sub frame to flex( who would have thunk it? Not BMW) and my power stearing pulley actually made contact with the sub frame. Messsed up a bunch of stuff. BMW thought is was bad enough to notch the sub frame on newr models, BUt not bad enough to cover it under CPO . Delvin is trying to get it covered because they have to take off the whole front of my car. Maybe they will install my intercooler and down pipes
Any word on the return of your car? When I drive by I still see the loaner car.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #107
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

They called me yesterday and said BMW would not cover it because I am on CPO warranty. The guys at the dealership where going to give me the sub frame for cost, but I would still have a hefty bill after labor. This reminds me of the E 46 subframe issue and to be honest I am suprised there is not a class action for this as well. They admit its a design flaw, made changers on newer models, but wont fix this. for us who are stuck with there mistake. I have been looking into legal action but havent done anything yet. BMW settled on the E46 case and this is not much different. I will keep you posted.
      12-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #108
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They called me yesterday and said BMW would not cover it because I am on CPO warranty. The guys at the dealership where going to give me the sub frame for cost, but I would still have a hefty bill after labor. This reminds me of the E 46 subframe issue and to be honest I am suprised there is not a class action for this as well. They admit its a design flaw, made changers on newer models, but wont fix this. for us who are stuck with there mistake. I have been looking into legal action but havent done anything yet. BMW settled on the E46 case and this is not much different. I will keep you posted.
Awww man, sorry to hear that. I hope it all comes out okay without too much out of pocket. Keep me posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #109
Freddym11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blacked out 07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
I live in the tiny town of Connell

I live about 30 mins north of tri-cities...and obviously I'm new to the forum...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #110
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Welcome Freddy! How long have you had your car?